Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Round Up

My April 2007 Round Up

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I am reading Mitch Albom's For One More Day. And I finished reading the Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason. And I think that's it, hehehe. Pathetic, I know, especially for someone who purports to love reading. However, I think I will start reading the Harry Potter series. Again. Yes, the ENTIRE series. Again. For the nth time. For some reason, I have this URGE to read everything, timing it so that I'd be prime and ready for the latest in the series. So yes, if this last book by J.K. Rowling is the 7th in the series, it means I've read book 1, the Sorcerer's Stone, 7 times, including the first time it came out.

Although I didn't get much reading done, I did put up a brand new blog, The Average Bookworm. I'm thinking that I'm going to write whatever about the books that I'm reading and the books that I've read and the books that I want to read over on that blog. Click on the link and let me know what you think :)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

We watched TMNT, Zoom: The Academy for Superheroes and Happily Never After.

For TV shows, I've been addicted to Heroes!!! Loving that show!

What special days did I celebrate and how?

April 8 -
Easter. The kids had a blast with the egg-hunting, of course.

April 10 - Raegan's birthday. Mass, Starbucks, Zensho's and movies in the movie room.

April 11 - 42nd Anniversary of Mommy Nena and Daddy Doods. A Spring Deer dinner at home.

April 26 - Japa's 38th birthday. Breakfast at Pancake House and dinner at the Coral Garden where the Crab Foo Young and Salted Fish Fried Rice were THE best!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

I tried going back on the treadmill, and did! TWICE! Hehehe. We had to go to Cebu, so that sort of got side-tracked. Yoga was sidetracked as well, due to Cebu. Now we're just catching up.....and my back has started to hurt again. Not the tingling, nagging-can't-shake-it-type of hurt, but full-blown PAIN. Ugh. Painkillers every now and then do the trick, but I'm resting my back in a MAJOR way.

The boys both had asthma right before we went to Cebu. In a panic, I bought Goji juice (sort of like Intra and Noni Juice) which we brought to Cebu. We also had the nebulizer with us, so between nebulizing, Goji juice and dips in the ocean, the boys got better and better as the week progressed. Whew!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

We went to Cebu! And spent close to a week there, too, courtesy of Tita Nonie and Bang, and Shangri La hotel, hehehe. We had SUCH a blast! Of course, by the time we were done, we were all suffering some major subnurn, and the kids were a tad dark, hehehe...enough to make Mom freak out and start worrying about how her grandkids would look dressed in wedding finery for Randy and Stella's wedding!

The GSS wasn't done on a regular basis, although we did squeeze in a session while in Cebu. The kids started some summer school classes at U.P: Taekwondo, Rhythmic Gymnastics and Street dance. Swimming, of course, continued.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Hmmmm....would you believe....NOTHING?!?!? I couldn't believe it either, so I went to check my dashboard, and....nothing! Aside from SOME scrapping kits, naturally! I can't believe this! hehehe.

What were this month's disappointments?

Mainly, that my back started hurting again :( No major disappointments, I think. None that I remember, at least

What were my accomplishments this month?

CT requirements done, some even being exceeded :) With the TON of Cebu pictures we all took, I think I'm going to be busy for a bit. Also, I'm having ALL the old photos of the kids scanned in, so I'm going to be busy for a long, long time!

I've been pretty good updating my blog, I think. I've even ventured into a little bit of Blogging for Money :) It's a trial and error thing, but I think I'm doing ok...at least, I've got Paypal money for my scrapping purchases! Hehehe.

I did the treadmill, yeah! Twice! See above. :)

Scrapping TOOTS:
1. Katie the Scrapbook Lady asked me to continue on as part of her regular CT!!! Whoohoo!
2. Darcy Baldwin has extended my Guest CT stint for one more month! Yeah!
3. I am Guest CT for Karah Fredrick's this coming month (May)!

So YAY me! :)

Anything else noteworthy to record?

We're STILL in the planning stages for Lola Nene's 88th birthday. We're trying to do Shanghai and/or Beijing....but I'm thinking the HEAT during that time will just about make us all WILT!!! We WERE adding Australia and/or New Zealand as possibilities, but I think that's losing out, darn it!

Almost done planning for our trip to the States for our 10th wedding anniversary. Oh so close! :)

April Layout Count: 49!

***End of Round Up***

{SCRAPS}
SHOES OF SUMMER
Rogan's not-so-little toesies during a boat ride this month.

Journaling reads: With the sun beating merc ilessly during the hot summer months, it feels so good to go barefoot.

Credits: papers - Citrus Splash by Eve Recinella at Sweet Shoppe Designs; curled border templates - by Marcie Reckinger; shadow action - by Traci Murphy; date stamp - by Amber Clegg; alpha - Spin Me by Eve Recinella at SSD; fonts - King Cool KC, KGD Jackie, KGD Emily Script;
Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady's August Amazing Month of Memories: August - Foot Health Month


RAINE'S BOOK: COVER
Credits: kit - Shabby Little Spring Time by Rina Kroes at 3Scrapateers; white swirl - Baha Blossoms by Rina Kroes at SBE; pinned tag - by Holly McCaig at MDM; frames, purple swirl (recolored) - by Royanna Fritschmann; felt alpha - Whispers of Spring by Shappy Princess; button alpha - It's a Spring Thing by Eve Recinella at SSD; font - Adler

{CHOREBUSTER}

In a nutshell, O.M.Gosh! If you have lots of kids or lots of household help, then you NEED to go visit Chorebuster! Basically, what it does is, it maps out for you the schedule of chores for each person in your household. You have the option of printing it out for each person per week, or you can have a sort of master list which includes each person AND the chore each person is supposd to do EACH day of the week! And once you input all the chores and all the people, you just sit and wait for the chore list to be emailed to you (or the person involved).

Is this a COOL site or what?!?! I love it! I was going to put my kids' names in it, but seeing that I'd have more use of this site by inputting the names and chores of the maids and drivers in our household, I decided to go this route.

I put in 7 (!) names on the list, and about 25 different chores. With a big house and several people having to clean, this site is a Godsend, I swear! I tell the site what particular days certain chores should be done and who does it. I can even tell the site when I want certain chores to start. Then vavoom! I click print, and there it is, all nice and neat!

I cannot tell you enough about Chorebuster, you have to try it out for yourself! And yes, of course it's free! :)

I'm not sure if I can have a second set of people, but I think I'm going to do a chore schedule for the kids as well.

5 comments:

Amy W. said...

WOW! You've been busy this past month! I think it's neat the way you go back and evaluated and recap your past month. I too like to re-read a series for the release of the newest one in a collection because usually it's been at leats a year and several hundred books since then so I need to refresh my memory as to the finer points of the story. Plus it's always good to go back and revisit a good friend. Thank you for sharing your life with me!
-Amy

Anonymous said...

You are one busy lady!!!! Love your blog and book marking it. I so need to read Harry Potter - never have and I love to read but sometimes it takes me forever.

ymA said...

Congratulations on all the CT's! You should proudly toot =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today too. I look forward to you participating in my Map of Me Challenge. I'd love to see what you come up with.

Petra said...

Wow! Great round/up!! I did this once and loved it...might have to play it again!! Love your pages and the bookcover..looks really cute!

Have a great day!!
BTW, great news on your ct stuff too..just awsome!

Kaje said...

hi Rona! wow dami scraps for april! sana ganyan din ako kasipag hehehe

i also plan on re-reading the harry potter series :) super excited na ako sa book 7!