Friday, May 04, 2007

Eye Strain = Migraine?

Remember that humongo migraine I had just yesterday? I just remembered that during the migraine, I felt some sort of pulling-towards-the-temple from my eye area. Can't remember now which eye, but it got me thinking as to whether too much time in front of my laptop, too much TV, etc were causing irreparable damage to my eyes and eyesight.

Hmmmm......then I thought, at least there is a solution: Lasik!!! I know, it's still eye surgery per se, but it's supposed to be safe right? At least, that's what Roby, our cousin, says. It's a very relatively SAFE procedure now, compared to when this type of surgery first came out.

Despite all the hype on Lasik, I have every right to be leery....I had an uncle who went into surgery (a very looooooong time ago, way before Lasik, thank goodness) for a "simple" eye surgery. He came out of it BLIND. For BOTH eyes. So yes, I'm leery. But I know technology is waaaaay advanced now, and I have a bit more faith in it. :)

Still. Eyes are eyes and I would just DIE if I wouldn't be able to see my beautiful children grow, wouldn't be able to read every again, wouldn't be able to surf the message boards, wouldn't be able to scrap. I love my eyes, and I intend to take good care of them because I want to see the world in COLOR.

No comments: