Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Backing Up.....

Starting my Monthly Round Up....but I desperately need to clear my laptop's hard disk first. I was scrapping and my laptop has been unusually s-l-o-o-o-w. Turns out I have running Photoshop on less than 4 gigabytes of space! Sheesh!

So starts the process of burning to disk...to DVDs. Just so I can store more files in one single disk.... Enter my find for the day: Secure ZIP.

Apparently, this baby helps secure your files AND zips them up..which saves me the much needed hard disk space for my.....scrapping files, hehehe. Ok fine, my office documents and other email messages as well.

Additionally, whenever I send important email messages, SecureZIP encrypts the message! How cool is that! The press release says that this version "integrates directly" with Microsoft Outlook. I don't use Outlook, but for those of you, this is a must-get software, especially if data security is important for you.

I'm going to be playing around with this software for a bit and will most likely have our company consider purchasing it (the Enterprise Edition); a very useful feature of SecureZIP is its passwords ability. For our office, which is just setting up a system that involves passwords and stuff, this could prove very, very helpful indeed.

I'm the type of administrator who WANTS to know ---ok, NEEDS to know--- the passwords that the employees will be using. Why? In instances of a sudden resignation or is we need to fire an employee, then that particular password is retrievable by SecureZIP. Fancy, huh?


Ok. Off to resume backing up my files.




No comments: