Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting Ready for School and Touching on Patriotism

Sigh! It's almost that time of the year---the kids will be off to school again. Which is GOOD, don't get me wrong, but the preparation time BEFORE it actually starts is a tad bit stressful. And to top it off, this darn President of ours decides to MOVE a national holiday from Tuesday to Monday! I still cannot fathom why she would do that. I mean, we're talking about Independence Day here!!! Sheesh!

I hope when the kids are older and they take up politics and government, they'd understand the need of this nation for some love of country. Which simply means to celebrate - and give importance to - the actual holiday! When it really happened; without moving the holiday because it suits you to; cultivate patriotism by celebrating the holiday: Why we celebrate it, who we are because we celebrate it.

I swear, sometimes our political leaders need a lesson from the CHILDREN as to what the true meaning of government is!

Ok, that's my mini-rant for the day. :) I'm actually on a roll and getting steamed up over something. Just need to collect my thoughts about it before blogging about it.



No comments: