Saturday, May 05, 2007

Happy Inter-National Scrapbooking Day!

Technically, this was yesterday, but we're celebrating with a major percentage of scrapbookers who are in the States, hence, we're a few hours delayed in the celebration. Which is okay, really, since I get a head start on some major sales going on EVERYWHERE!!! I'm TRYING to control myself over here, hehehe.

One purchase I am happy about is Jen Wilson's One Haute Overstuffed Momma kit.
Jen's got a contest, too using this kit, so I'm getting a lot of pages out of this one. I've already used it to do my first of four double-page spreads for The Sisterhood Challenge.

This one's for Raegan's album:
The Sisterhood Challenge: 1st Month-Raegan (R)
Poem by an unknown author reads:

The Miracle of Motherhood

Dear God, what a treasure
You've placed here with me.
You've opened my heart
To what loving can be.

A love so intense,
Yet so gentle and caring;
A feeling of awe
At the beauty of sharing.

This sweet child of mine
Has enriched my life so,
And in just a few moments
Has helped me to grow.

From woman to Mother-
It's swept me away;
And I'm thankful, dear Lord,
This child's with me today.

Please grant me the patience
For endless demands,
And help me give comfort
To small, pleading hands.

The love that created
This precious, dear child
Was our gift from Heaven;
When God looked down and smiled.

kit - One Haute Momma by Jen Wilson; tag hanger and tag - Wired by Robin Carlton; fonts - Arial Narrow, DJB Christine C by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered template, overlay, fastener - by Doreen Stolz;

The Sisterhood Challenge: 1st Month-Raegan (L)
Journaling reads: Raegan being baptized during Papa's birthday.

kit - One Haute Momma by Jen Wilson; info card - 24/7 Cards 2 by Jen Wilson; bend it tag - by Debbie Knorr; flower - Blooming Bouquet by Jen Wilson; fonts - Arial Narrow, DJB Lindy and DJB Christine C by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered template, fastener, stitches - by Doreen Stolz;

Doing these pages brought me waaaay back to when we only had this ONE baby! Life was MUCH simpler then, and we were able to afford a lot more, hehehe. We could spend a bit more on renovating our home, with small luxuries like lighted vanity mirrors, and plan for some major fix-it-uppers with kitchen countertops and kitchen islands. Ummm..does anyone know what yard markers are?

Ok, I'm pooped. I squeezed that right page layout in to make it in time to enter the contest. Plus, I couldn't for the life of me, figure out how to make both LOs fit in one line, short of having to do it in Photoshop first! Ack!

TTFN!

2 comments:

. said...

Rona, please join me for freebies at http://www.DigiScrapDepot.com.

If you have any freebies from your creative team, i would love to link to them for you. Thank you!

Vicky
Site Admin
DigiScrapDepot.com

Unknown said...

just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

medical transcriptions