Friday, May 04, 2007

Please Pray!

I got a message from Boydee at 3 am:
Please say a special prayer for our beloved Tita San who will undergo an emergency operation in Korea at about 6 am today. Tito Lito and Tita San were on their way back to Manila via Asiana Airlines with a stopover in Korea, when Tita San had seizures due to her brain condition. Also pray that the Holy Spirit will guide the hands of the doctors who will operate on her, and for he speedy recovery so she may come home soon.
For most of us, Tita San tops our list of favorite aunts. If you read this, please send a short prayer to the Big Guy Upstairs. I've had the kids say their own prayers as well, because I know that He hears the voices of the little ones more.

The air pressure as the plane landed could have been the cause of the seizures, I know. Tito Norman (Tita San's doctor here) said that it could also be dehydration. I think Tita San had seizures inside the plane and a bigger one at the airport.

I don't think Mom had the heart to tell Lola about it just yet. Lola knows about the seizures and that Tita San is in the hospital.

Got another text message a few minutes ago:
They are just about to start the operation. They have shaved Tita San's head to prep her for the procedure. They might drill a hole in the skull and suck the blood due to bleeding inside the brain, to relieve some pressure, then put some medicine to contain the bleeding. I think they will observe after. Please pray some more.
At this point, I am guessing Lola MUST know about the procedure now. Mom's brothers are in La Vista now, discussing whatever options there are. I don't know if there are many. Even if we wanted to go to Korea at a drop of a hat, we must have visas processed first. And that takes precious time. Time that we may not have. I'm sure Tita San's siblings are wracking their brains to find out what CAN be done.

And the rest of us have no choice but to sit here. And wait. And pray.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl I am sorry, saying prays for you guys!

Joy said...

Saying a prayer right now Rona!

Elizza said...

PRAYING...PRAYING...and PRAYING!!!

"We love you Tita San! Please be strong! We are all waiting for you!"

Unknown said...

Praying for you Rona!!! My heart is with you!

Anonymous said...

ying for your tita Rona! Hope everything goes well!

xashee's corner said...

my prayers are with you and your family, Rona! HUGS

Kitty said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

I hope everything works out for Tita San.