Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Sisterhood Challenge Continues


The Sisterhood Challenge
was issued by Elizza a few weeks back. The challenge was to hold ourselves accountable to each other for getting the baby books of our kids DONE.

With four kids each, Elizza and I had a HUGE task ahead of us. Bang had only one, but she is starting digiscrapping again after a long hiatus from it. So yes, a challenge for all of us. Just last Sunday, we invited our friend Cathy to join our group. She has four kids, too AND has just recently started digiscrapping! So yes, a huge task ahead of her, too!

Challenge #1 was to make covers for all our books. And if you read the post before this, you'll know I JUST finished the LAST one yesterday. And I was dead last. Even Cathy beat me to it! Hehehehe. Oh well. That's ok. I think I'm pretty happy with how they all came out:

We all used the same inspiration piece (not sure where Elizza got it, so I won't post it here yet) and it was up to us to do whatever we wanted with it. For me, I wanted the covers to look the same but to look different, too, know what I mean? Hehe. I think I achieved that pretty okay with the results. Although Rogan's page has the most crooked set of pictures, I just LOVE those polaroids tied with ribbons, I couldn't resist!

And for some reason, the girls were complaining why Ranger's cover was the ONLY one with capital letters. Ummmm.....those were the only letters from the Miles Kits so I had no choice! Sheesh! The details they see!

And yes, notice the girls' covers aren't PINK. They got that from me, hehehe. I asked them to choose a particular color or paper from CT kits I was using, but that was it. None of them chose pink papers.

Anyhoo, on with the Challenge.

Challenge #2: Make a 2-pager for the First Month of Baby's Life. Inspiration for this:

Credits for the left side is from Sharon of ksharonk designs and credits for the left side is from Sandra over at DST.

Part of the Challenge is to JOURNAL. Yes, write about our feelings for Baby, or even a quote would be a good option. But the Challenge calls for WORDS on the page :)

So, what do you think? Any of you with any other ideas for our Challenge, please let me know :) Any help will be appreciated!

Ok, off to find some pictures! I'm going to need a TON!

Huggles!

7 comments:

Aggie said...

I should have joined your challenge! LOL

Cindy said...

What a great idea! With each other to spur you on, you all will be sure to get these albums done!

Brooke said...

OH my gosh, what a great challenge. I'm so far behind....I just might have to follow along because it's very doable. Thanks for sharing these great ideas!!!!

Anonymous said...

Those covers turned out wonderful! I love 'em Rona!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on that challenge!! I really need to tackle that too...I swear I'm gonna be better with the second baby! And on the Second challenge I LOVE LOVE LOVE The right side page! Even added it to my favs! Great job.

Monique said...

great challenge, and i love the layouts done so far! and i just wanted to say i LOVE your blog banner, it's wonderful! have a nice day!

Kelley Mickus said...

What a great idea. I think if I started making books now, it would probably start world war III. 6,000 pictures of Jake, 2,000 pictures of Mandy, 500 pictures of Drew! Ok, so I lost a little enthusiasm with the photo opportunities! But with the first one, everything they do is so damn cute! anyway - you have a great start with the covers! KM.