Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So-So Day

This wasn't the best of days. I woke up with a migraine that I had the night before. I was hoping that it would go away with a good night's sleep, but nope. It didn't. Sigh! I guess staying up 'til about 2 am watching Heroes isn't a great idea while you're nursing a humongo migraine, hehehe. But I just LOVE watching that show! It is SO exciting with all the sudden twists in the plot! Enough that sometimes I think that those plot twists are what's giving me the migraine! Hehehe.

Anyhoo, I brought Rogan to Taekwondo, and no, I didn't forget to pick him up. The little man even went back to the car before I could drive away to remind me, "Mama, can you set the alarm on your cellphone again to remind you to pick me up later, please?" Hehehe. I thanked him for reminding me :)

Then it was back home to watch the latest recorded episode of Heroes. It was SO GOOD! A bit depressing, but good. Of course, even before I got to the end, my alarm went off and I had to leave to pick up Rogan! By this time though, my migraine had subsided and I was doing ok.

However, driving does not do my leg and back any good. I could feel my leg sort of stiffening while driving, no matter how much I adjusted my seat. I don't know. It wasn't stiffening in the sense that I would lose control of my leg, but it felt like there was a dull ache. So when I got home, it was the bed for me, on my tummy (so I could work on the computer. Yes, including scrap!) I decided not to go to work since I did NOT feel like sitting in a chair for several hours today.

{CHINA, HERE WE COME!}

Well. It's been decided. We are going to China for Lola Nene's 88th birthday. More specifically, I am having the travel agents look into a Beijing and Guilin itinerary and giving us a quotation based on a 6-day stay. I think that should be enough to see all the sites, including the Great Wall! I have never seen this Wonder of the World, and I can't wait (yes, despite the darn HEAT that I am anticipating we are going to experience! Ugh!)

No specifics yet as to the tour, the flight times, the hotel, and the all-important how much! Thank goodness most of the family can receive email and text messages. Because I am NOT about to call each and everyone of the 21 adults going on this trip! Hahahaha! Are we bringing kids? I'm bringing mine if the price is right, and if school starts after Independence Day.

{SCRAPS}
RANGER'S BOOK: COVER
Credits: kits - In Memory of Miles kit by Jessica Bolton's The Eclectic Team; - The Miles Kit by Christina Renee's The Dream Team; handstitched alpha - by Dani Mogstad at SSD; pin date - by Holly McCaig

I just HAD to scrap and finish this last cover for ALL the kids. Cathy sent out a message via our egroup that she had finished scrapping the cover pages of HER 4 kids! And she started waaaay later than me! Ack! Panic and pressure, that's what I was feeling! So...am done! Yeah!


{JAPA'S GETTING ANTSY*}

Why? He's been in a foul mood whenever we'd talk about his cellphone, hehehe. His Nokia Communicator decided to die...okay, not exactly DIE, but ummm....it is a bit in a vegetative state, hehehe. It won't let him call or access his contact numbers. Sometimes I think it dies on him. So he's been making do with an really really old Nokia 8890 of ours. Thank goodness we kept it instead of giving it away, otherwise he'd have NO phone to use! Then he'd be in a major snit! Hehehe.

The light at the end of the tunnel? Globe is giving him a new
cellphone for FREE! You gotta love that word, eh? Yup, Globe usually does that every 2 years, as some sort of a reward for being a faithful customer. He's got one of the plans, so his choices included a Blackberry! Not quite sure if it's THE Blackberry Pearl, but a Blackberry? For FREE?!?! Wouldn't we all love it if all cell phone companies gave out great deals like that!

I like hearing about awesome deals such as "upgrade your phone for free" or today's phone price = $0.00". Of course, there usually is a codicil in there about meeting some requirements, but you get the
cellphone for free! (did I say I love that word? hehe) If you're a new customer, or better a customer who switched over from another competitor, you have a plethora of cell phones to pick from! The phone companies WANT your business, so they offer you the best phone!

Back to Japa, I told him I was hoping that the Blackberry
cellphone he decided to get would have Sudoku as one of the games, hehehe. He looks at me and says, "Huh? Then what would I use?" Hehehe. At least he WAS thinking of giving me the phone IF it had Sudoku in it! Now I wish that his old trusty Communicator didn't die on him! Shucks!

No matter. I have a year more to go on MY plan....crossing my fingers my cellular company would have coolio deals and offer me free phones as well!

TTFN!



6 comments:

Elizza said...

yay! what pressure can do! LOVE LOVE LOVE ranger's layout!

Anonymous said...

aww sorry you had a migrane!!
Lovely Scrap!

Unknown said...

i so want one of those digital picture frames to!! hopefully i will hint about it enough hubby will buy it for me! Good luck getting yours!

Unknown said...

What a great blog, Congrats on going to China, how exciting.

Elizabeth said...

wow--that is such a cool layout for ranger!

i think those digital frames are so cool! if you get one, you'll have to take a pic and post it for us!

Kirstie said...

glad you got your last cover finished. I'd love a trip to China, you'll have a great time.