Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Holiday = Scrap Time!

Whoohoohoo!!! We get another break, hehehe. It is Labor Day today in the Philippines! And for once, our stupid president, GMA, did NOT change the day and date of this holiday! Change you mean? The little twerp (excuse my French!) calls it "holiday economics", i.e., if a holiday falls on either a Thursday or a Tuesday, she deems it more economically viable (to whom, I'm not sure!) to MOVE the holiday to the Friday after or Monday before the actual holiday itself! Whatever.

I think it's really stupid and dumb of her to keep moving holidays around. For one, it throws a lot of people off, especially for someone like me who likes to plan vacations BECAUSE I know precisely when a particular holiday is going to be! For another, I think it demeans the holiday in question and people just think of it as a regular day, not one that should be celebrated or remembered at all.

Dumb, huh? Oh well. At least it's a day for me to scrap! Good thing I'm up and about early enough to have a good start! :)

No comments: