Sunday, May 20, 2007

Work Tomorrow...For Sure

Well! After this whole week of practically not showing up for work, it's time for me to get my arse in gear and haul it over to the office tomorrow. For sure. Which is why I'm writing it down now, on my blog, so I will be compelled to go, hehehe.

Need to show up, do some actual work, sign some checks, start the ball rolling on Raegan's passport, and pay some bills. I've got credit cards that need some paying. I sometimes wish it were like the States where we can get 0% credit cards. They honestly make a difference in the long run.

Here, we have to pay anywhere from P1,200 to P1,500 per year per credit card. That's the price of a few good books, some medicines for the kids, 3 trips to the doctor/pediatrician, or the price of watching Shrek the Third for 7 adults and 8 kids (a few posts down)!

For me, credit cards are a lifesaver...especially for someone who hates to carry cash like me. I would rather whip out the plastic to pay, as opposed to counting dirty bills. :) But for a lot of people, credit cards are a necessary evil. For these people, they don't take into account how much they earn and how much their buying power really is. Because no cash leaves their hands, they think they have an unlimited supply of it; it is hard to keep track of your purchases...and the totals you rack up on your credit card bill!

These people never realize that by maxing out their credit card constantly, they are immersing themselves into debt. Major debt! Because they are so excited to use their credit card (especially in front of friends), they forget that having a credit card sometimes has so many disadvantages when used irresponsibly.

I like to constantly use my credit cards who offer reward points. These are "double the pleasure" so to speak. Not only do I not have to carry cash on my person, but by charging my purchases, I earn points. When I've accumulated enough points, I can then "shop" for my rewards from the catalogue that the credit card company sends to me.

I know I've accumulated a lot of points over the years. And so has Japa :) Not sure what we're "saving" for points-wise, but I think it's time to have another look-see at those catalogues :)

No comments: