Saturday, May 12, 2007

Brothers and Sisters and a Birthday Party

Well! Today was pretty much a lazy Saturday. I stayed home, obviously, yet again. My back is getting better, albeit slowly.

I have been downloading episodes of Brothers and Sisters ever since I watched an episode c/o Elizza. And oh my....the brothers and sisters on the show, including their mother, are SO much like OUR family! Hehehehe. Totally! Well, with the exception of a gay brother, the characters in the show pretty much reflect our family.

There isn't a sibling to sibling reflection, but more like each of us is a mixture of 2 or 3 siblings from the show. The family dynamics are EXACTLY like ours though. My favorite line: "This family can't keep secrets". Hahahahaha! So so SO true!

The show pretty much kept me busy the whole day. I think I watched over 6 or 7 episodes! I was laughing, I was crying, I was shouting with anger. That was how much the show was affecting me. Love the insights I get from it; it's liberating to know that there are families out there who are just like us. I know, I know, it's a TV family, but oh my! Almost each and every quirk of all the characters in the show are in MY family! Am I scaring you yet? :)

I was so busy watching the show, I totally forgot the twins were having their birthday party today! Tuesday, their real birthday, we had a celebration with just us family. It's always nice to having something like this, without the kids and extended family. Intelligent conversation, and not-so-intelligent ones especially when we're full.

Anyway, when we got to La Vista, imagine my surprise when I saw this HUGE white tent set in the middle of the garden/courtyard. The BEST thing about it was that it had airconditioning inside! Not just 1 or 2 ACs, but THREE!!!! Yeah! It was nice and cool inside and made for a very pleasant meal.

I think Mom was going all out, sort of, because Stella's family was going to be there. She'll probably deny it all to death, but hey, just call her Nora. Yes, from Brothers and Sisters, hehehehe.

{SCRAP}

I did scrap ONE page today. About a birthday, but not the twins'. :)
RAEGAN'S 9th BIRTHDAY
Journaling reads: A simple birthday celebration: Mass at Pentecost. Breakfast at Starbucks. Lunch at Zensho’s. Movies and popcorn at La Vista. Birthday cake from Shoppersville. Raegan at NINE years old.

Credits: kit - Orange Blossom by Amy Bleser at SBB; vintage frame - by Katie Pertiet; pin and charms - All Pinned Up by Manda Bean at SSD; font - Adler; layered sketch - by Rachael Giallongo


I'm pooped! No more scrapping, no more watching. Just sleeping!

TTFN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! you caught Raegan blowing off her candles while the other kids looking... Cool!