Friday, May 11, 2007

I Need More Time in a Day

Sigh! Where does the time go? Even without doing anything, time STILL flies by! This whole week, I didn't even go to the office (excepting Monday, I think). Yes, it's my back, but still. And there was a LOT of things to be done, what with the Shrine's inauguration coming up among other things like organizing the Human Resources Department and staying on top of the Administrative Department.

Add to that my numerous CT requirements, and yes, I'm SWAMPED. Ugh! What I need is some sort of personal time management software. Something that will help me manage my time and how to distribute my time amongst the different projects that I have and the different hats that I wear. Yes, I need to get organized here, folks. In a major way.

And even though I have my trusty cellphone to help remind me about appointments and meetings and projects that need to be done, the problem there is that I sometimes forget to put in the information. And face it, I'm still a low-tech kind of person when it comes to these things: I still LOVE to flip through the pages of a notebook that has lists of stuff I need to do, and then crossing those things out when I am done with them. But then again, this is the 21st century and I am always ALWAYS in front of my laptop. So yes, I need something that I can install into my hard drive. And print :)

I'm spatially-inclined, I guess. I need software that will help me color-code my tasks. Software that can help me prioritize which tasks I need to do before all the others. Call me OC, but I have this NEED to have things in some sort of list or chart so I can check them off (or color code them as being done or something like that).

Imagine the sense of accomplishment in being able to look at your "notebook" or screen and say, "I got a lot of things crossed off my list" or "I got a lot done" today.

No comments: