Thursday, May 24, 2007

Running Around......

{HOSPITAL BLURBS}

Rogan and I went to Medical City to have our tests done on our sinuses and ears. We had gone to the doctor on Tuesday and he asked us to have a CT scan for Rogan's sinuses and a regular audio test for me. I just want to rule out hearing loss in both our cases.

We go to the Radiology department. Turns out we have to schedule an appointment, dang it! Next available one (one that is convenient for us with no conflict in Rogan's summer schedule) is Sunday at noon. Sunday. Sunday--we will be at the hospital. Ugh!

We go to the EENT department. Same thing. We had to have an appointment! Gee! What happened to walk in patients?!?!?! Grrrrr! So I try to get the same schedule as Rogan, to save on gas and time, but no-go. I made one for tomorrow. Just in case, I thought to ask what time they would be available later on in the afternoon, just in case I could make it. Anywhere from 3 to 5 pm was still open. Fine.

We go to Starbucks to get some needed coffee (!) and a chocolate shake for Rogan. Fine. We leave, get into the car, and I text Japa that we were on our way to meet him for a movie. Then I remembered by Sudoku book. Turns out I left the damn thing at Starbucks!!!

Since it was MY Sudoku book which still had a LOT of unanswered puzzles in it, I tell the driver to turn around and drive me right back to Starbucks. Hehehe. Since it was Starbucks and not some cheap-y coffee place, the baristas had noticed the book and kept it under their counter. Whew! I saved my Sudoku book! :)

{MALL RUNNING}

Running, to Rogan, anyway. We walked back and forth across the first and second floors. I shopped for some jockeys and 3 VCDs of Thomas for Ranger, and some hair brushes for the girls. And Rogan was tired, hehehe. Kept asking me when we were going to meet Papa.

{MOVIE}
Yep, we watched Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Loved it! I had a few questions, but watching the first 2 movies would answer those I'm sure. Loved the action, the special effects, the whole storyline.

Not a very dark movie, not like the previous ones. And I really liked how there were a lot of funny moments in the movie.

We only brought Rogan with us to see this, since the girls were too scared of the trailer to watch the entire movie, hehehe. Rogan was very excited and had some (a LOT!) of questions afterwards, over lunch.

Loved watching the old characters come back, and Chow Yun Fat as Sao Feng was cool to watch. He had an awesome character, that one.

Loved both Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom of course, but it was refreshing to see that the powers that be in the movie gave some non-girly stuff to Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Swann. Loved her character in the movie (of course!) and how she delivered it. :)

{BACK TO THE HOSPITAL}

Since we ended movie and lunch at about 230 pm, I figured I'd try to get my hearing test done. As luck would have it, the 3 pm slot was still available and I grabbed it.

They made me wear headphones and I had to press this button to signal that I had heard some tone. It went on for a few minutes for both right and left ears. Then the person on the other side would say a word which I had to repeat. Sometimes I couldn't understand what she was saying; her pronounciation wasn't all that great, but I managed, hehehe.

A few minutes after the test ended, they printed out my results. As far as I know, my hearing is normal. Very normal. Will wait to see what the doctor makes of it when I go back next week.

{JEWELRY TALK}

In between hospital, movie and lunch, I was on the phone with Imelda to arrange for the wedding coins, the arrhae, for Randy and Stella. Mom told me to take care of it while she was in Korea. We needed a total of 13 coins to be dipped in silver and then somehow colored gold to match their motif. All our arrhae look the same; we used Mom and Dad's original arrhae as the model.

For the wedding rings, no news yet. Randy and Stella should look at at reeds jewelers for ideas as to what they want their wedding rings to look like. Lots of different kinds of shapes, colors, cuts. Made me dizzy trying to go through everything, harder to try and narrow it down! We have a little bit more time for their wedding bands...the wedding isn't until a month away, so it's not exactly time to panic just yet. :)

No comments: