Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Out of the ICU!!!

We went to the hospital first thing. Visitng hours at the ICU were 9-11 am and 5-7 pm. Japa and I were there at 10ish, and Tito Lito and Lola were with Tita San.

When we walked in, something started beeping. It was her heart rate, jacking up. I like to think that Tita San was excited to see me and Japa, hehehe. We said hello and told her to calm down, which she did, after a little bit.

Tita San looked nice; a LOT of color back in her face, and she looked great!

The best part of our visit? She SMILED!!!! At me!!!! Ok fine, not a normal smile, but a smile nonetheless. It kinda reached her eyes, and she smiled not once, but twice or thrice! Cool huh! Also, when I waved goodbye, she lifted her hand and waved back! Maybe she sort of knows who I am? :)

While we were there, Tita San had a few spoonfuls of clear soup and some bites of jello. Which was a lot, according to Tito Lito. When Lola mentioned that she was going to be moved to a regular room soon, her heartrate kicked up! It was either she was super duper excited to move to a regular room where someone could always be with her, OR she didn't want to move because she'd have to endure endless visitors!

My analysis is the second reason. Tita San doesn't like a whole lot of visitors parading in her room. The endless chit-chat and all when really, all she wants to do is REST. I suggested to Mom (and thank God Dr Bitanga said the same thing afterwards!) that there be visitor restrictions when Tita San moves to a regular room. This is the only way to make her feel comfortable and for her to get some rest and gain her strength back.

Here's Tita San when I told her I was going to take her pic. No a real smile, but she didn't blink or look away, so that was a plus. I showed her the pic I took of her and of course dear Japa said that I shouldn't have....because she might be disheartened by the sight of her having tubes all over the place and the huge bandage on her head.

Of course, I retorted that Tita San was a fighter for sure. And that I was just showing her the pic because it was a pic and nothing more. If ever, she'll be pissed at all the tubes and she'll just fight back to get better.

She is truly a fighter. If something irritates her, she'll try and take it out. She even tried standing up! Hehehe. Tito Lito had to restrain her and tell her that she couldn't get up just yet. Tito Lito brought her her cellphone. Yes, can't be in the ICU, but it was turned off. You should see her grip on that phone! She was HAPPY that she had it!

The whole time we were there, she just gripped that phone like a lifeline. She loved looking at it and pretended to be texting. :)

I went down to get her a room, so yes, she is officially out of the ICU and into a regular room! Yeah!
Pic of her and Lola, the ever-doting mother. She is there during all the visiting hours and refuses to leave Tita San's side. She holds Tita San's hand and wipes tears from Tita San's eyes and soup from her mouth. I'm pretty sure she was shocked when she first saw her baby in the hospital...but Lola is a strong woman, too, and she's recovered from her shock somewhat. There is still sadness lurking behind her eyes, but she is putting up a brave front when she is with Tita San.

No comments: