Monday, May 07, 2007

Time Out from NSD......

....because us "kids" and our kids had to congregate at Apitong to film a surprise video for Randy's 29th birthday at the request of Stella. The video is going to be part of her birthday gift to Randy.

It was totally fun to do, with the kids getting into the spirit of things; they danced and practiced a few times and were total pros ---- their first take for their part, and they were done! Us big kids did some exercising: we hid behind chairs and bobbed up and down that was going to be put to some Austin Powers song. Hehehe.

Then came the part where we had to talk about Randy and say some birthday wishes for him. Uhhh...TALK!?!? In front of the camera?!??! Yikes! Everyone just about froze up, with the exception of Japa and Boydee *roll up eyes* hehehehe. It took ME like 10 minutes to try and get a birthday wish out! Hahahahaha! This part was NOT a good idea at all!!! Hehehe. I don't even remember what I blabbered about!

I know Rodney felt a bit left out...he is Randy's twin after all. But he was game and did everything with us. Because we're such a close-knit family, we of course could NOT greet Randy a happy birthday on video without greeting Rodney! So what did we wacky kids do?

At the end of our part, we all sang Happy Birthday Randy....but on the final line, we all yelled Happy Birthday RODNEY and the camera panned to Rod who waved at the camera and then blew out a candle. Hehehe. How's that for including him? :)

I'm sure (hoping!) that Stella wouldn't mind...after all, how can you separate twins on their birthdays? Hehehehe :) Plus, we couldn't greet one twin without greeting the other, no matter how hard we tried!

Also, as we were all trying to formulate well wishes for Randy, all of us were referring to Randy and Stella's coming wedding next month. It was a bit hard to try and separate the wishes for the birthday and the wedding; so we quickly scrapped that idea just in case we had to do the same thing for the wedding. :)

I remember a few months ago when Randy YMd me, asking me if he could ask me something. I immediately answered with, "let me guess, you're going to propose to Stella?" And he asked me whether I had talked to Mom since I knew, hehehe. I told him "no, it's a sister's intuition." That, plus I could see how the both of them were so in love with each other and weren't exactly hiding it. Hehehe.

Since we were both on the computer (in the same office, to boot!), we started searching for Engagement Rings. And O.M.Gosh---there is such a lo-o-o-o-o-t of sites and styles to choose from! Yikes! So we wade through different sites, looking, looking, looking. Randy wanted a classic Tiffany-type of ring; we tried to narrow it down but weren't all that successful, if I recall. Hehehe. There was just too many to choose from.

I also told him that Mom was probably going to freak out if she found out that he wanted something plain and simple. Mom is (in)famous for wanting a LOT of glitter and bling...even on the bands of her rings! And obviously, we were on the lookout for Diamond Rings, nothing less.

We settled on this site for inspiration. Loved the way they show the rings and how they described them. Easy to navigate, and definitely easier to see the details of the rings! And yes, they had a plethora of Tiffany-style rings, even those that had matching Wedding Rings! Hmmmm..speaking of, I'm going to have another look-see if I can spy rings for anniversaries. I remember Japa gifted us both with a new set of wedding bands for our 5th anniversary. Maybe something's up for the coming 10th anniversary? Heheehe. Japa, if you're reading this...this is a major HINT! Hehehehe---but I still love our wedding rings now, so you're safe :)

Ok, need to go back and scrap some CT stuff as well.

No comments: