Thursday, May 24, 2007

Scraps and Flags

Here's the other layout that I finished yesterday but never got around to posting....at least this post won't be so forlorn looking!
BEAUTIFUL ADVENTURE
Journaling reads:

Motherhood is
the most
beautiful
adventure
in life.
The ups
& downs,
the
laughter
& tears,
the
mistakes
made
& the
lessons
learned.
Liife is
indeed
beautiful,
especially
when you
have children.

Credits: kit - Life is Beautiful by Nina Scraps Designs at Oscraps and ndisb; frames - Photocluster 7 by Nancy Comelab; font - King Cook KC, Adler


And yes, I wrote that! :) Love those pics from Mother's Day this year. Except the one where we are all together (taken via Japa's camera timer), all the other pics were taken by the kids.

{YOGA}

Can I just say that I have been quite diligent in doing Yoga the past week and a half?!?!? I am proud of myself! This Sunday will finish up the SECOND week of yoga everyday. Following a book, instead of paying P800 per session twice a week. :) An awesome investment for the book, if you ask me. I did buy a clear book just so I can insert the pages (which I cut up!) into the clear covers for easier flipping through the pages.

I like this book (need to find a site that has a pic of it so I can post it) because it gives me a daily schedule to follow. It is arranged from the easier poses to the more difficult ones.

And yesterday was a HUGE day for me. I did this pose were I support my entire body on my neck and shoulders (not as painful as I'm describing here, hehehe) for a FULL minute!!! Whoohoohoo!!! So GO me! :) And yes, my back has gotten stronger again.....and I can sleep better at night! :)

{FLAGS}

Independence day is nearing for us here in the Philippines. The date itself is June 12. But our stupid President moved this holiday YET AGAIN because it happened to fall on a Tuesday!!! I mean, SO WHAT?!?!? How in heaven's name will we, as a people, feel patriotic when all we care about is how some holiday disrupts the work week....and that we can get an extended weekend because the "holiday" will now be on a Monday?!?!? Sheesh! Of all things to move, it's Independence Day!!!!

Anyway, I've been seeing a lot of flags waving around the streets. A good thing to show our patriotic spirit. I would love to see our country celebrate this holiday the way the States do: American Flags waving from each and every house, school and office building. I've also seen some people erect their own Outdoor Flag Poles to proudly wave the red, white and blue.

There are several online stores that sell US Flags, too! Online! Love how the site is divided into what kind of flag you want to buy: for the car, for decoration, for the flagpole. There are also cool pins to choose from, and not just USA stuff either. They carry flags from different countries, and yes, including the Philippines! How cool is that! :) I love shopping and looking through sites that carry a product that has "designs", i.e., flag designs, from other countries as well, especially the Philippines. Wouldn't that be ironic, though, to buy a Philippine flag overseas? :)

I try and teach my kids the importance of loving one's country. Sometimes it's hard to do with all the colonial mentality going around here, but I want the kids to know about their country and its history. Little by little, we're making progress. Thank goodness the school does its part in promoting love of country too!

No comments: