Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Happy 29th Birthday, Randy & Rodney!!!...and Dad!

The babies of the family, the twins. 29 years old today. Yikes! Where does time fly?!?!? I remember when they were born....I was all of 8 going on 9. A little bit younger than Raegan is right now. And like the good sister I am (ahem!) I helped out with the little babies as much as I could. I mean I HAD to...Mom couldn't take care of both babies at the same time now, could she, much less breastfeed at the same time! Hehehehe.

Believe me, we heard stories of attempting to breastfeed these 2 baby boys at the SAME TIME. Definitely NOT a pretty sight to have in your head, hehehe. Even Mom laughs to this day whenever she'd think about it.

I was waxing sentimental with the twins today when I greeted them. I told them how sad I was that THIS BIRTHDAY was the LAST birthday they were going to have as single boys. Ok fine, single MEN. The very last. Randy is going to get married to Stella in June.....and that leaves Rodney.

Of course, the HUGE question now on the poor baby-est of the babies is WHEN he's walking down the aisle....but then our dear mother would gamely square her shoulders and TRY to hold back the tears as we discussed impending doom ---er, marriage!---for poor pressure-filled Rod. Hehehe. It wasn't a one time thing either. It's happened THREE TIMES at the very least, that I remember! Poor mother.

So yeah, it was with a bit of nostalgia that I greeted the twins this morning. *sniff!* Don't get me wrong...I love the fact that Randy will be getting married. I'm just laboring the fact that it's the LAST birthday the twins will be celebrating TOGETHER. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they'll still celebrate together, but it's still DIFFERENT if one is married, yes? :)

Anyhoo, we're celebrating a sort of birthday today too. Happy 7th Birthday, Dad! Seven years ago, Dad died. He was coded blue while in the hospital and we lost him for 15 whole minutes. But with the patience of the Glendale Adventist doctors and nurses, they got him back. And yes, it happened on the twins' birthday. So now Dad is 7 years old today! :)

ADVICE FROM A TREE
Quote by Ilan Shamir reads:

Stand Tall and Proud.....Sink your roots deeply into the Earth.....
Reflect the light of a greater source.....
Think long term.....Go out on a limb.....
Remember your place among all living beings...
Embrace with joy the changing seasons,
for each yields its own abundance:
The Energy and Birth of Spring,
The Growth and Contentment of Summer,
The Wisdom to let go of leaves in the Fall,
The Rest and Quiet Renewal of Winter.

Credits: kit - One Haute Momma by Jen Wilson; paper tears - by Traci Sims; photo clusters - by Nancy Comelab; tree - by Trudy Montgomery; font - DJB Lena


Isn't that an awesome poem! Just beautiful! When I saw it, I just KNEW I had to use it...so I searched for an hour I think for these photos of the kids in the park. :) Loved how it turned out!

Birthday dinner was at Bistro Filipino. Chef Laudico, who owns and runs the place was the same one who cooked our Thanksgiving turkey last year. Yummmm! So we knew we were in for a treat for dinner. I'm not going into whatever it was that we ate. You can hop on over to The Accidental Gourmand to read all about what we stuffed ourselves with :) That is, if our resident food blogger has updated her site yet! :)

TTFN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!,I like your writing so a lot! proportion we be in
contact extra approximately your article on AOL?
I require an expert on this house to resolve my problem.

Maybe that is you! Taking a look ahead to peer you.
My website > Work at home