Friday, May 11, 2007

Scrap for the Day

Making pahabol.....one scrap for today that I labored on for a few hours. Don't know where the heck my mojo has gone. You would think I'm all scrapped out, hehehe. I have NO idea. But I guess there are some days where I really have to exert a little bit more effort into my already-taking-t00-long-a-time-to-scrap pages. :)

LOLO BOY & BRIC
Credits: kit - Wrong Planet by Rina Kroes at SBE; arrow - by Kate Hadfield; alpha - Miss Patterson by Amanda Bean at SSD; beaded stitching - Natalie by Sara Amarie at SSD; concave action - by Jen Caputo; font - Impervious

Aren't these pics the cutest? Love that one of Dad kissing Bric. I swear, I think Bric has helped a LOT in making Dad feel much younger, stronger....making him--okay, forcing him---to eat healthier. I guess seeing your namesake (the IV!!!) triggers something in you? I don't know. But Bric has come at a time when Dad was deteriorating, sort of. It helped immensely when Mom left for the States and Boydee was too sick to sleep with Dad in the room. So Bang generously sent Bric upstairs to be with Dad. Not easy I'm sure for a first-time Mom to send your months-old baby to sleep with his grandfather, but Bang did wholeheartedly. So to Bang, THANK YOU for doing this!!!

I have seen a vast improvement in Dad's overall outlook in life. I think it pretty much started when the baby boom started: Elizza gave birth last November, followed by Bang exactly one month later in December. When we went to the States for Christmas, Dad was quietly ecstatic to see his newest grandkids. Probably, something kicked in inside of him, making him WANT to live and not just....live, you know?

Anyway, thank goodness for little babies!!! Now, in about a year's time, I'm hoping that another little one will be added to our growing clan. Ahem! Now who could that be? Hehehehe.

TTFN!