Friday, May 18, 2007

Finally! I Scrapped!

Ack! Three whole days of NO scrapping! Can anyone say drought? :) It was so good to finally lie down in front of my laptop and open up Photoshop. Of course, to get out of my funk, I had to scraplift someone...so off I head to Susan Pacillo's Lifts with a Twist for some inspiration.

And I did this:
SNORKELS & SPONGEBOB
Ranger playing with Papa's snorkels...and the last time he would be in his Spongebob floaters (swimming lessons to follow 2 weeks later)

Credits: the following by Gina Miller: background paper - Inky Notes, May 2007 Surprise Box; blue alpha, glitter - Under the Sea, Andy's Collection; doodle frame - Color Me Funky, a collab kit with Kate Hadfield; negative cluster - Don't Be Negative Clusters; glitter strip - Trendy Strips; glitter alpha - Shimmerbet; arrow rub on (with Inky Notes paper) - Mr Retro by Eve Recinella at SSD; "and" word - a Snip from Scrumdidliumptious by SSD designers
eye (colorized to look like Spongebob's eyes) - by Lauren Reid; font - Adler

Isn't that the cutest layout ever? Hehehe. Of course I'm biased! But I just love it and I dipped into my old Gina Miller stash, too, using a very old kit of hers, Under the Sea.

{COLOR PICKER}

The Color Picker by Ades Design does just that: picks the colors that YOU want. Even right on your desktop. As a scrapper, I've always relied on Photoshop to exactly copy a shade of a color that I want. Only thing is, I have to open Photoshop to do it and maybe even save or copy an image on a website that I want because I wanted to emulate the color combination.

Well, it seems that this awesome $9.90 FULL download of Ades Design's software can pick the colors anywhere on your computer screen! For a web designer, web developer and YES, for a scrapper/digital scrapbook designer (!!!) this is such a powerful tool!

Imagine surfing the internet and a website or advertisement catches your eye, mainly because of the colors or the combination of colors on it. How easy is it to launch the Color Picker tool and save these colors for future use?!?!

Right on your desktop, click on the eyedropper to launch the program. Click Activate and then start clicking on those colors that so entranced you. From the floating menu that can hold up to 10 colors, you can then load these colors in the Color Library to store them for future use. The colors that the Color Picker saves can be output into RGB or HTML colors, so yes, even us scrappers will be able to use this program! Cool huh!

Well, off I go to try and keep my mojo going. I'm going to scrap some more, just as soon as I get back from Paul Cabral's to fit my Matron of Honor gown :)

1 comment:

Ades said...

Please fix the link for "color picker", it's broken. Should point to http://www.adesdesign.net/php/products_color_picker.php

Thanks, Ades.