Sunday, May 27, 2007

2 Down, 8 to Go....

in my 10-week yoga schedule, that is. I am SO psyched that I have completed 2 whole weeks!!! Yeah! And yes, my back is reaping the benefits of all that stretching and twisting :) Whoohoohoo! I feel stronger, more stable when I stand and walk, and I have this overall feeling of wellness, you know? :)

Now, since I'm feeling healthy, the next logistical step is to take a look at my diet, yes? Sigh! It has to come down to this, really, if I want to lose that extra poundage. Another sigh! For the record, I detest dieting! The last diet I went on, I got sick. As in REALLY sick. For about 5 days. Granted, it was a semi-crash diet, but still! :)

Dieting, with all that calorie counting! Ugh! The endless lists of what I ate, how many calories total; what I burned (as if I exercise that much--I don't!), and how many calories burned. Too time consuming! Luckily, there is such a thing as a calorie counter --- this website where I can input what I ate and boom! I have my totals for the meal, or for the day! Pretty cool, huh? Takes out ALL the work of looking through pages and pages of calorie counting books! There's also a dieting journal where you can keep track of meals and exercise you've done. All on the computer! But I still say that the BEST feature is the free calorie counter. Nothing beats free, and it is SOOO easy to use!

Let's see if I can add dieting to my yoga regimen......stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

Bryan, Stef, Chase, Abby & Emma said...

Good luck with the diet!!! You GO, sweetie! I love free, too! How fun!

Alissa said...

All that stretching sounds wonderful for the back! Good luck with finding a diet that works for you :)