Monday, September 17, 2007

Exercise, Schmexercise!

My poor poor body!!!! Aaaargh!! How it hurts! Yes, ladies and gentlemen! By those groans of pain, you can very well guess that I have exercised. And I am paying for it right now, after stepping on an exercise machine after soooooooooo many months of not doing anything! Sigh!

I stepped on a treadmill for 25 minutes, doing the Couch to 5k program (trying!). I did a 5-minute slow warm up walk until Japa came in midway and asked why in heaven's name was I walking oh-so-slowly! Hehehehe. So I sped up to a brisk walk for the remainder of my warm up. Then it was 60 seconds jogging, and 90 seconds brisk walking. My treadmill speed was 5kph for walking and 6.5kph for jogging.

Not bad at all, except of course I was sucking wind. Ugh.

I knew better than to flop on the bed and sleep after jogging. I was actually quite GOOD and did some yoga for stretching after the treadmill. So YAY me! :)

Now I need a shower in a major way, and am off to bed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you can plug your mac to the big screen while youre on the treadmill. that'll keep your mind off the exercise. The first few weeks are the hardest! then you get the hang of it. exercising that is.