Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools Day

I read somewhere that it is said that April Fools began sometime in the 1500s when the Gregorian calendar replaced the Julian calendar. Those who forgot about the change and attempted to celebrate the New Year ---previously celebrated on April 1--- were teased as April fools.

Oooookay. Hehehehe.

I took the kids today to watch Horton Hears a Who. Raegan, Rogan, Raine, Ranger, Reese and Riley. And 1 yaya. What was I thinking?!?!? Hehehehe. I took all of them (except Reese) to Rustan's first to shop for their movie food and drinks thinking it would be way cheaper than if we were to buy everything at the theater. It may have been cheaper (I think) but I sure didn't count on all the chaos in the supermarket!!! Holy Moly! Imagine 5 kids running around with their mini-carts scrambling to find their snacks and chocolate drinks! Hahahahaha! Again, what was I thinking?!??!

We picked up Reese and finally went to Metro East to watch the movie. We were the first ones in the theater and practically the only ones there, with the exception of maybe 2 other smaller families. Thank goodness. We occupied 2 rows, and Ranger kept walking back and forth between the rows! Finally he sat down on the steps of the theater aisles! Sheesh! Thank goodness I had a yaya with me otherwise I'd have died!

Synopsis: The imaginative elephant Horton hears a cry for help coming from a tiny speck of dust floating through the air. Suspecting there may be life on that speck and despite a surrounding community which thinks he has lost his mind, Horton is determined to help.

It was an okay family movie. The kids enjoyed it, with Ranger and Riley laughing at the right places, hehehe. It was a good 90 minutes of just sitting there with nothing else to think about except the kids and how they were enjoying the movie. :) We need more times like these in our lives sometimes, I think :)

Dad was doing okay in the hospital today, although he seemed tired from having a regular room and a stream of nurses and some visitors going through the room every now and then. All of us were present in the evening, after office hours. And that put a strain a bit on him I think. It excited him and made him happy I'm sure, that all of us kids were there (except Randy and Stella) but at the same time, too much emotion was making him exhausted. He was slurring his words a bit and wanted to sleep most of the time. So we left him at around 9 pm, after he had had dinner (with everyone watching him hehehehe), so that he could finally have some much needed rest. The rest of us trooped to Choi's to have Chinese food for dinner. Ugh. Good food, but if you know me, it's not my first choice! :)

All this staying up late is definitely NOT good for the complexion! Pimples sprouting here and there, most especially by my chin area! If this keeps up, I'm going to be needing some major acne treatments soon! Crossing my fingers Dad is cleared so he can go back home and our bodies can adjust to our regular schedules, hehehe. I mean, I don't think my body has overcome jet lag from the Paris trip yet!

TTFN!

No comments: