Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hybrid Project Day!

I was a busy bee today. Well, for the better part of the morning. Since this was the last week of the kids before their semestral break, it was also going to be Literacy Day/Night time for them. For Literacy Night, they get dressed in their favorite characters and parade through school, decorating their classrooms, and collecting candy. In other words, Halloween, a couple weeks early, hehehe.

And traditionally, I like to make their little loot bags. Personalized of course, wink wink! I wouldn't be Miss Crafty if I didn't right? So anyhoo, I took what Halloween kits I had ---mostly Royanna Fritschmann's--- and made little Loot Bag Toppers for them. Originally, I was just going to make 2 kinds, one for the girls and one for the boys. Well, I guess my scrapping mojo was inside of me, and I quickly churned out FOUR toppers!

Check them out:





Pretty cool, huh? Hehehe.

I used a large size ice bag to stuff the candies in. Not a lot, just a few; we had to be extra careful with candy now, what with the melamine scandal emanating from China. Anyhoo, here are pics of the raw loot bags. I took photos of these with my handy dandy phone and it's uber hi-tech camera that stores the images in a micro sd. For pics in a cinch, especially those that I can easily upload (download?) straightaway via bluetooth to my laptop, my phone's the next best thing to a DSLR!





And I am DONE!!! At least, as far as school is concerned! Halloween itself is another whole new (HUGE) project to plan!

No comments: