Wednesday, June 18, 2008

McDreamy

Ahhhh yes, Patrick McDempsey truly is McDreamy. Sure, I'd rather have Dr McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy, but hey, in Made of Honor, McDreamy really was dreamy! :) He was cute, charming, playboy, yes, but cute, charming....oh did I say that yet? Hehehehe.

Japa and I squeezed in Made of Honor during lunch and it was a treat to watch. Japa said it reminded him too much of My Best Friend's Wedding, but I just LOVED it! It was darling, cute, charming.....here we go again, hehehehe.

But honestly! It was a very lighthearted romantic comedy, and that was just right for lunchtime fare! I was laughing throughout the movie; but I couldn't even begin to tell you what my all-time fave part was though. It was an overall pretty good movie, sure, predictable at times, but so what! It was very entertaining and I love love LOVE everything about it!

And yes, I love movies about marrying your best friend because in all honestly, why wouldn't you marry someone who was a friend first? You get to know that person, all the ups, the downs, the glamorous part, and the part where you both are wet and bedraggled. Your friend has seen you sexy, and has seen you fat.....yes, someone send me a bottle of lipovox now, please!!! Sound familiar? Sure---I had that with Japa :) especially the wet and bedraggled part, hehehehe. So yes, marrying a friend isn't un-romantic...at the very least, the both of you KNOW the other person inside and out and there are no secrets (ok fine, BARELY any secrets) since you've pretty much told this friend everything about your life. In actuality, I think it's even simpler to marry a friend, more than marrying someone who has swept you off your feet.

Yeah, it's nice and romantic to have someone do that...but to spend the rest of your life with someone you barely just met? And I'd rather spend my married life DOING stuff with my spouse than "getting to know my spouse better". Doesn't that make more sense?

Anyhoo, movie summary coming up:
Tom Bailey is in love with his best friend Claire. But Tom has a fear of commitment and refuses to admit the obvious--he should propose to Claire before she finds a less procrastinating suitor. When Colin, a rich Scotsman sweeps Claire off her feet and asks for her handin marriage, Tom must witness her unquestioned happiness up close and personal--because she's chosen him to be her Maid Of Honor.
Can I just say that this movie is cute and charming one more time? Hehehehe. Yes, this movie IS cute and charming and I would watch it all over again! :) Chick flick? Of course! Would I drag Japa to see it again? Heck yeah! (if he'll let me, hehehehehe).


No comments: