Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Dance Fever

Another practice down, a few more to go! We started on time (sort of) and was able to make headway into the Grease number. The kids were so cute too! But I'm a bit leery of this part of the dance since I'm not too comfortable with the hip hop kind of steps. Well, I guess they're sort of retro, but still! I don't dance very well! Hehehehe.

We reviewed the tango and Japa and I were bumping into each other for some reason. And we forgot SOME steps, aaaargh! The best part though was when Margot and Noli did a round-robin type of exercise where they danced with every single one of us. The whole dance seems so easy when Noli was leading; he would make this little cue marks from his hand and I just knew what was going to happen next. When it was Japa and me, ummm.....well, he kept accusing me of leading, bwahahahahaha! At least he got some tips from Margot on how to hold his partner properly! I was right all along--the upper body MUST be stiff and his hand and arm had to hold my arm up. Hah!

The angels started their Dancing Queen routine and it was perfect for them: all prim and proper and nothing fast at all. We all wanted to do it, because the costumes were going to be amazingly funky, but I don't think we can because of the order of the dances. I still have to study it to see if we can put the kids in.....they really REALLY want in on this dance number!

Tita Paloming showed up and was totally gung ho about dancing! Too funny! She was trying to convince either Carlo or Tito Ricky to stand up and do the tango with her because she was dying to dance it! Hehehe. Maybe on Saturday they'll take pity on her.

The finale is coming along nicely. I think it's going to look FAB just because we've got lots of people dancing it! And we've memorized it so just a little bit of tweaking here and there and we should have it down pat.

That's it! Too tired to do anything else.....

No comments: