Friday, June 27, 2008

Chinese Date

Boydee and I *were* supposed to have a meeting regarding the website, but it was a good thing I mentioned it to Japa.....apparently, Marketing has been talking to a guy about advertising, branding and setting up a website. Grrrr! Talk about lack of coordination, man! Oh well. Anyway, the guy went to the office for a meeting with Mario, so I sat in a little bit.

Turns out he's an Iglesia ni Kristo, but is getting some flak from his parents for wearing a St Therese bracelet, the ones we give out I think. I'm not sure if it's just a ploy to cement our account, but it seems he has been questioning his sect for a few months (years?) now. He doesn't like the feeling of being brainwashed and being compelled to do this or that. He basically wants the freedom to think for himself. And he mentioned that whenever he has gone to the Shrine, a feeling of PEACE encompasses his whole being.

Which, I think, is one of the primary purposes of why we put up the Shrine the way it is. TO give people the peace that they are looking for in this uber-busy, frantically-paced world we live in. ANd if a person ups and tells us about this, we rejoice with him or her.

So, about my Chinese date. It was none other than Japa, hehehe. He was craving for dimsum, so off we went to Xintiandi at Crowne. Yum yum yum! It was a great lunch, and we had some pretty good conversation as well. We had a late lunch, which translated to being late for the meeting with the ad guy above, but hey, it was an actual date: just the two of us. If I really think about it, it's been a super duper long time since we've gone out like that sans kids. Sure, it was lunch time instead of dinner, but I'm not complaining. Besides, I'd rather be home in the evenings to catch up on the kids' homework. And play Mario Kart with them. Ahhhh.....parenthood. Hehehehe.

Because I didn't do website stuff anymore, and I didn't want to do salary stuff, I did anniversary stuff. I finally broke out the DVDs and CDs of scanned photos and categorized them. Not an easy job if we're talking about over 2,000 photos! But I am HAPPY to see that the SLIDES of mom and dad's ORIGINAL wedding, despite their very small size, came out with excellent quality when scanned!!! I am SOOO excited to be scrapping with those photos for sure! They were so clear and with practically NO noise at all! Beautiful! It was a good thing Stella found those when she was fixing mom's room in the States!

I scrapped today, trying to finish up some CT stuff:

LEGOLAND HELICOPTER
THE LOUVRE

TTFN!

No comments: