Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Green Monster

Nope, not jealousy, hehehe :) I'm talking about the Incredible Hulk, which the kids, Japa and I saw last night. The kids didn't have swimming, and we figured it was a good time as any to watch. We decided against bringing Ranger because 1-we knew he wasn't going to stay still for an un-animated movie and 2-I figured it was going to be too violent for him.

And it was. Pretty violent, I mean. Especially that last part where Hulk was fighting that monstrosity that was a soldier. Ugh. And of course, that was Rogan's favorite part. *roll eyes* Go figure. I thought Liv Tyler was exceptionally pretty in the movie, and I never knew Edward Norton had a pretty sexy side! Hehehehe. In my mind, Edward Norton was always this highly intelligent, clean, decent character; I never thought how boyish he could look and how.....vulnerable I guess is the word I'm looking for.

I thought the movie was cute, too, with references to Stan Lee, the creator of the Hulk: look for the Stanley Pizza Shop, hehehe. Japa caught that one. And my fave were the cameo parts of Bill Bixby (well sort of), the original Bruce Banner, and Lou Ferrigno, the original Incredible Hulk. Japa and I got a kick out of pointing them out to the kids who were surprised that there *was* a TV show of the Hulk waaaaay before, hehehehe. What, didn't they think WE had tv in our childhood?!?!? Hmp! Kids!

Oh, and if you haven't seen the movie yet, make sure you stay AFTER the credits!!! There's a cute and cool reference to what could be an awesome movie to come!!!

Movie Gist:
Scientist Bruce Banner desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk. Living in the shadows--cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross--Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross, and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power. As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination, whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. To stop it, one scientist must make an agonizing final choice: accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or find heroism in the creature he holds inside--The Incredible Hulk.
TTFN!


No comments: