Monday, May 26, 2008

A Holiday

It's Memorial Day today in the States. It's a day to commemorate the men and women who have died in the service of their country. To those who given up their lives, we thank you. For those who have had loved ones pass, we thank you as well, for giving of yourself unselfishly, that the world has become a safer place.

I know all these words are probably meaningless, especially in the face of fresh grief. But I think our world *is* much safer today because of the countless brave men and women who gave of themselves.

We spent a good part of the day shopping. I was in search of the every-elusive Mario Kart for the Wii....I have GOT to get that game for the kids!!! I went to Best Buy and Target. And the shelves were empty, hehehehe. I was able to get the girls their Full House seasons 6, 7 and 8 though, so they'll be happy with that for sure. I got them some shoes as well, and their undies! Yay!

Did some research on baby shower games as well, as everything I've done from waaaaay before I've forgotten, hehehehe. Gotta brush up on those! :)

Roc dyed my hair. Finally. She was itching to color my hair as soon as she saw some gray hairs at my temple since the day I arrived. I gave in.....not wanting to be mistaken for Randy's MOTHER more than 2 times!!! Can you believe?!?!?!? Sheesh!!!! *major roll of eyes here* Grrrr! Hahahahaha. Must have been the hair! Must have been! Hehehehe.

So as I type this, I am now enjoying my darker, gray-free hair. Only thing is, the color's a bit too dark than my usual, so I'm feeling I'm a bit on the paste-y side. Oh well. It should lighten in a few days.

No comments: