Thursday, May 29, 2008

Costco Bound

Woke up REALLY early this morning so I could drive for Mom. She had to go to Quest in Montrose to get some blood drawn. Had to be there early to avoid the crowd. Good thing Mom was able to see her primary care doctor before we left; at least she'll be able to get her bloodworks done before her next trip here.

After the lab, we passed by Arko to buy some boxes for packing. We had to wait 10 minutes for the store to open, hehehe. Must have been a first for dear mother! Then we went home so mom could get a urine sample done; she couldn't go when at the lab. Sigh. Oh well.

We finally get to Costco and I filled up my cart with some goodies to take home: peanut butter, strawberry jam, grated cheese for quesadillas, and polksa kielbasa! Way cheaper here than back home, that's for sure! If I filled my cart, mom's was totally overflowing, as usual, hehehe. And her bill was twice mine! That's normal for mom, though!

We passed by Party City to wander the aisles in search of some decorations for the Baby Shower this Saturday. I think we had thrown all the decor from the several baby showers we've had over the years, hehehe. So it was a whole new thing again!

When we got home, mom immediately started packing...with Stella's help. Yes, pregnant Stella, who was squatting and sitting on the floor to help mom pack! Good thing Stella's in great shape that she can do these at 34 weeks! She's about ready to pop, I think!

I couldn't pack straight away since there was a Lakers game going on tonight, too! Tita B and I arrived in time for the second half (I took her to TJ Maxx to return some stuff, and we passed by Joann's to get some stuff for the Baby Shower). Man oh man, what a game! The Lakers were down by as much as 17 points and they totally chipped away at it! We were all screaming and shouting and pumping our fists in the air throughout the last two quarters, it was exhausting! hehehehe.

But everything was worth it, as the Lakers blew away the Spurs to capture the Western Finals and get a birth for the championship!!! I'm hoping the Celtics will win their division this week, too. It would be cool to have the 80s revisited with the old rivalry of the LA Lakers and the Boston Celtics, wouldn't it!!!

All the screaming and shouting did give me a bit of a headache though, hehehe. Not sure if it was a migraine coming along, or just a headache due to pms-ing (sometime soon, I reckon), but I wanted to be safe and so I popped in a Tylenol just so I wouldn't have any unnecessary caffeine in my system so late in the day. I'm just careful nowadays, especially since I know I'm in the peri-menopause stage, hehehe. I have been since a few years ago, I think. Not that I've seen a doctor, but I'm sure she'll be prescribing some progesterone for me soon, just so I won't needlessly go through these menopausal symptoms. Egad---I don't think I'd want to meet up with *me* when I get to that stage!!!

With my headache gone, it's time to do some major packing! I've got the PS2 Rockband to worry about, hehehehe!

No comments: