Friday, June 01, 2007

Update #2 for the Day

Yes, it's late, but best to write down the update before I forget. The OB-GYN finally got to Tita San, and from what I understood from Bang (who got the info from Mom who was at the hospital), the poop did NOT --- did NOT!--- come from the vaginal opening. It did in fact, come from the rectum and just spread to the front of the diaper due to the sheer amount of it.

Gross, I know, but it was SUCH a relief to know that there was no need for another panic attack for Tita San's condition. Tito Lito was probably having one, but I discounted that mainly because a resident from the hospital had confirmed it. Oh well. At least it's not yet another thing to worry about. Whew!

{Flowers or Food?}

I don't know what it is about Filipinos and hospitals but where people in the States bring flowers to visit someone at the hospital, here people bring food! Each hospital room has a refrigerator and closet space with shelves to hold these gobs of food people bring! Seriously! I mean really, can the patient eat all these junk? Sigh! I wonder if other cultures do the same thing? :)

Flowers* are always a wonderful addition to any room, but most especially to a sick person's room. Flowers brighten the room immensely, and provide a wonderful relief of COLOR to drab hospital rooms. I love the splashes of reds and pinks and yellows and greens that a huge bouquet gives a room. If you were the patient, you'd feel a lot more cheerful if you were to see this colorful bunch of flowers in your room, too!

Flowers for any given occasion is awesome too; but sometimes getting flowers just for the heck of it is always sweet :). Of course, I'm also practical....sometimes I'd rather get something else other than flowers. Like cookies or chocolates, hehehe. So if I were in the hospital, you don't need to send me a huge delivery of flowers; a much smaller one will do (for the splash of color in the room), along with a good book to read, or a Sudoku book to do. :)

*This blog post is based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, visit Blogitive.com.

No comments: