Friday, June 08, 2007

Still A Pounding Head

Woke up to my cellphone ringing....Lai calling at an ungodly hour of....820 am?!?!??! Yikes! Major oversleep for me; me who is usually up by 7ish each morning, no matter what time I end up going to sleep! But I still have my migraine, pounding away. Technically, I shouldn't even be in front of my laptop because the screen brightness may not exactly be helping things a bit, but I have a NEED to check my email first thing in the morning, hehehehe.

Was it just me last night, or was there something wrong with Firefox? Waking my laptop from hibernation the whole day, I could not, for the life of me click on anything in Firefox. In another separate incident, on the desktop this time, Firefox just closed suddenly on Japa. Don't know why though. Can anyone hazard a guess?

Making a mental note to self to have my future new laptop (hehehe) outfitted with Anti Virus and Spy Sweeper programs. It pisses me off that there are some people out there who's main goal it is to destroy computer users' systems. Thank goodness I have a few good programs in place that blocks the few basic ones, but I think I'm going to want something stronger and more effective. A few months back, while in La Vista, there would be this totally irritating pop-up window that kept appearing. It said something about there being an attempt to infiltrate my computer system and that I should click on something in the window to stop it.

Sigh! I would click cancel or quit the window and it would appear. Numerous times, in succession! Can you believe it? To this day, I have NO idea what it was! All I know is that when I was away from La Vista, those pop-up windows never appeared! Aaargh!

With the amount of downloading I do, too, from digiscrapbooking stores and sites, it's always a good thing to have my "first line of defense" in place. I mean, I do trust most of the download sources/stores, but one can never be too sure. Besides, I need to protect my precious scrapbooking files and pictures, right? I'd die if something happened to those!!! :)

Ok, time to take my Excedrin. Hopefully this dang pounding will go away soon!


No comments: