Saturday, June 09, 2007

Another Swim Meet and Some Home Repairs

I don't know how many inter-club swim meets the kids have had this year, but today they swam for the very first time in a 50-meter pool. We had tried to mentally prepare them a few days before today just so they'd be ready for a much longer swim; double their usual training distance.

Although the kids were told to expect some muscle aches throughout their swim, they were semi-complaining about the actual thing. Hehehe. There were some kids at the pool who even shouted at the end of their race, "Coach, I can't breath!" Hehehehe. That was Franco. Totally funny, but kids are kids, and they coped wonderfully.

Raegan won all her races, as did Rogan. Raine came in second in freestyle but annihilated her competition in the other strokes. Rielle swam wonderfully in the breaststroke and came in first in her event as well. The only thing they lost was the head-to-head relays against the Celebrity Sports Rapids. But overall, the Ayala Heights Harpoons still came on top at the meet.

I've got some scrapping to do with the great pics Japa took! :) After I had taken a few pics using his Sony DSLR, I didn't like the pics I was taking with my point and shoot, hehehe. So I just told Japa to take loads of pictures and leave the editing to me :)

{Home Repairs}

Time to get the house in shape. Rogan's toilet started leaking in a major way and we had a couple of people from VWL take a look at it. Thank goodness they didn't have to destroy some bathroom tiles and the toilet to fix the leak. Apparently, some blockage in the drain or something.

Looking at renovating the boys' room a little bit, too. Taking out one entire wall of closets maybe, and having a TV cabinet made for more flexibility. I want a reading corner in there somewhere as well. A new headboard for sure, with NO carving on it. Roller blinds. No chandelier, but maybe ceiling fans are an option to save on electricity even though there is an air conditioning unit in the room. Now I need to find some modern ceiling fans that will go with a kid's room.

Let's see what else....still thinking whether to fit another bed in there or just be happy with one bed, since Raine will eventually have that room and the boys will be moving downstairs. Window frames need to be changed for sure, since they're really old. Oh oh oh! And the carpet will finally be taken out and wood floors put in. My dear asthmatic boys will be happy about that, especially Japa, hehehe.

The wooden floors will be done when Japa and I are away in July and the kids in either Apitong or La Vista. The repainting of the cabinets and the installation of shelves will hopefully be started this coming week. I need to look through magazines for a look that I like and to find a modern fan company, too.

Any ideas? Please feel free to list them in the comments section :) Thanks!

Now, off to scrap at least a page before I get really sleepy (while watching The Fantastic Four on Star Movies, too!)

TTFN!

No comments: