Sunday, June 10, 2007

Chaplet Making and Poker Night

No, I didn't play poker. For those who know me, they will tell you that I absolutely hate playing the dang game. It is the most BORING game ever known to man, and all I will say is that I have waaaay BETTER things to do with my time than watch people lie and bluff and try to pretend they're not the whole time. *roll eyes here* Ugh. No thanks.

So in Apitong, while the boys --- with Lola, Tita Belen and Stella (and later on Elizza) --- were playing poker, us girls stayed in Lai's Mother-Child room and made the chaplets for the wedding. With less than 2 weeks to go, we were doing things double-time, hehehe. With non-stop chatter from Zhar (hehehe), it helped us while the time as we glued, pierced, boxed and ribboned chaplets. On my last count, we had done 205 chaplets for the girls and about the same for the boys. Which meant 300 girl chaplets and 100 boy chaplets to go! Ack!

We had the maids and the yayas doing chaplets, as well as the girls. Good thing we had help, otherwise I don't think we'd get this done in time! I guess I need to take pics of the chaplets just so my dear readers have an idea what they look like (not that I have non-family blog readers, but who know right? *wink*). Hehehe.

When we finally got home at about 11 pm, my hands were so tired, I was so tired. But a weird thing happened. I turn on the airconditioner and 3 seconds later, all the lights inside the house turn off. All the electricity was out EXCEPT the airconditioner! Needless to say, that was a RELIEF, hehehe. So we took showers in the dark and got dressed in the dark. Ranger was freaking out, understandably, but he settled down just because he was really sleepy as well. And hey, I don't care if there are no lights...just as long as the airconditioner is on, I'm one happy camper off to dreamland in comfort! :)

TTFN!

No comments: