Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Prince is Having a Ball.....

Most of us trooped to the CCP to see Lea Salonga as Cinderella in Rodgers and Hammerstein's production of Cinderella. I was hesitant to see it, just because I personally think Lea is just too old to play Cinderella. I was pleasantly suprised to have enjoyed the show.....all the while thinking that the kids would have loved to see it.

Of course, I wouldn't be shelling out the big bucks to let them see it. More like the el-cheapo tickets in the P1,000 or so range. There are some P550-P750 I think but then we'd be needing not just binoculars but telescopes to be able to see the performers' faces! hehehehe. We'll see.

It was an enjoyable night, with a few mutterings of critiquing here and there, but it made for a fun evening all in all. My favorite characters include the fairy godmother and the "fat" nerdy stepsister. Lea's voice was powerful as always, and she sang a pretty good number of songs. However, I hated her kinky hair set atop her head just to give the illusion of height. And still she came only to the shoulder (if at all!) of the prince! Really, they should either have given her 10-inch platform shoes or just picked a waaaaay shorter singer to play the prince!

I also loved the horses and the 2-mice. It was a bit anti-climactic, I'd have to agree with Dic here, because we were sort of expecting how the mice would "sew" the gown of Cinderella! hehehehe. Another fave character is the King, father of the prince of course. Loved his voice and guffaws. Hated the Queen though, especially when she sang in this teeny, tinny voice. Reminded me of Matutina, if you remember her. Best description? Try nails on the blackboard. THAT is what I mean by teeny, tinny. *shudder shudder*

Then, as is typical with my family, no matter the late hour, we *had* to find a place to eat. Sigh! And we want to lose weight?!?!? Sheesh! We settled for a Japanese restaurant that was open all night (it was already past 10 pm!) and lingered for a filling meal. I was good, having only udon for me. I did text Japa, who was still up, and he asked me to take home some sashimi for him.

Some Scraps I haven't uploaded yet:
CELEBRATE 8
DIFFERENT WAYS TO EAT A STRAWBERRY

Off to be I go!

No comments: