Tuesday, August 05, 2008

On a Scrapping Roll!

After a few hours doing work at home (!!!), I actually scrapped today. A lot!!! Very productive day, crossing out several CT kits that have been used. Yeah!

BEST BUDS

GLAMOR GIRLS
LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATES

And oh-so early this morning, I even finished another book! This one I was glad to be done with. Very slow moving plot, and too descriptive for my taste. It was a tad bit boring, and the title didn't really quite make any sense...until the middle of the book. And then when the concept was sort of introduced, it ended there. Eh! Nothing I would recommend. This is going back to Elizza stat, hahahaha.
A short summary: Kim Edwards's stunning family drama evokes the spirit of Sue Miller and Alice Sebold, articulating every mother?s silent fear: what would happen if you lost your child and she grew up without you? In 1964, when a blizzard forces Dr. David Henry to deliver his own twins, he immediately recognizes that one of them has Down Syndrome and makes a split-second decision that will haunt all their lives forever. He asks his nurse to take the baby away to an institution and to keep her birth a secret. Instead, she disappears into another city to raise the child as her own.
On to the next book! If you look to the right of my blog, my bookshelf shows books on my nightstand....to be read with relish! :) I'm going through the entire Jodie Picoult series, I think, since I like the way she writes. I'm also on the lookout for the Twilight series; it's a teen's book, but I've heard some great reviews about it....and it's always out of stock now! Gotta go to those out-of-the way bookstores to see if they carry it. Another book that's on my list is A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, an Oprah book-of-the-month club recommendation.

So it's been a good week so far, reading and scrapping wise. Hoping to continue this trend the rest of the month until I'm able to catch up on all CT requirements (and then some!) !!! :)

Now, I have to get home to the kiddos!

7 comments:

Maviosa said...

Monique and I have been reading the Twilight series and I just finished the fourth and last installment last night, Breaking Dawn. They're really marketed towards the giggly, impressionable pre-teen and young-teen female bracket but they're still very entertaining reads. Hehe! You will cringe your way to a lot of mushy, lovey-dovey stuff but there are action-packed scenes too. I liked the first and last books especially. :) Good conversation starters with your girls. Enjoy! :)

Starting on The World Without Us by Alan Weisman now (non-fiction). Looks very provocative. :) Haven't read any Jodi Picoult though. Will try 'em out. :)

Tammy said...

I am waiting for the 1st Twilight book to come in the mail and can't wait to start on it.

Thanks for another book to add to my list.

Anonymous said...

I'm digging on all those layouts! Wow.

lorig said...

Fabulous pages. Life is like a box of chocolates is one of my favorite quotes and it goes so well with that photo.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting all the scrapping done - I've been on a roll this week myself! Lovely layouts!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Lo's; I adore the last one!

Elizza said...

Great layouts! Super Duper CUTE layout of bric and robyn! you have to give me a copy! :D