Then home to veg out a bit. It was nice to sit on the couch with Japa, watching TV--first time I've watched TV in a week or so, hehehe! I had a sudden urge to go to Xocolat to have a sinfully-calorific laden cup of thick bittersweet hot chocolate.....so we waited for the kids to come home from swimming before heading over. We (except Ranger who didn't want to leave his damned Mario Kart!!!) had a blast just being together; I guess I miss out just going out with Japa and the kids. I mean, I LOVE my family to death, especially when we go out and just eat eat EAT, but it is nice to be quiet for a change, hahahahaha!
I know, I know...you family members are reading this and saying what the heck but this is my blog and my birthday, so there! :) You know I love you guys!
Anyway, just because, here are 39 very random things that you may or may NOT know about me:
1. I have attempted to read the dictionary from start to finish before--attempted being the key word, since I did not finish it, hahahaha
2. When I read books, I must have complete silence when possible.
3. I am deathly afraid of the ocean (underneath).
4. I have a steel rod (that may not have melted since it was done oh-so-long-ago) in my left arm when I had an operation for a fracture.
5. My left arm is stronger than my right, even if I am right-handed.
6. I cannot bike standing up, no matter how hard I try...even those spin bikes won't do it for me!
7. I have run a half-marathon, in the LA Marathon in the 1980 something, when I ran with our crew coach so he'd have a running buddy.
8. I detest running, but only did it because of crew.....and just so I wouldn't end up being last in team standings.
9. Every time a new Harry Potter book comes out, I read the entire series to "set the stage" for when I read the latest book.
10. I have always wanted a second name.
11. I hate my real name :)
12. I've always wanted to take voice lessons.
13. I would love to play the violin or the flute someday.
14. I used to play the piano and the organ.
15. I've always wanted to be a redhead.
16. I *hate* waiting. For anyone, or anything.
17. I've always wanted 6 kids...I have 4 kids now and have had 2 miscarriages before getting pregnant with my 4th baby.
18. I had wanted to wear Mom's old wedding dress when I got married...but of course that was physically impossible as she had a 24-inch waist and that was the exact size of ONE of my thighs, hahahahaha!
19. When I was younger (12 and below if I remember correctly), Mom would have a new dress MADE for me every single week. Sometimes I had 2 dresses a week.
***man, I'm ONLY halfway through?!?!? Didn't think it was going to be hard to think of all these random things!***
20. If it were up to me, I'd dress in capris, jeans, and tee shirts every single day.
21. I wore a skimpy bikini (one I used when I went on my honeymoon) when I was 4 months pregnant with Rogan. Yes, I already had stretch marks on my belly from Raegan. :)
22. My nursing bras would make a nice snug cap for Boydee (who has the smallest head among all of us!)
23. Japa and I decided on a wedding date after taking into consideration when the Dragon Boat World Championships were going to be (they were in June, we got married in July).
24. I have enjoyed science fiction books and have the Star Wars series and the Dragonlance series as proof.
25. Despite 4 kids, I have never owned a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting---I always borrowed Elizza's, hehehe.
26. I looooooove everything and anything Disney, especially the amusement parks in California and in Florida.
27. One of my dreams is to take my family on a Disney cruise (while the kids are still kids).
28. Going on a hot-balloon ride is still on my bucket list, as is driving a forklift or a semi-truck.
29. I hate Filipino food with a passion. It would be my LAST choice to pick when thinking of a restaurant to go to.
30. Give me Mexican and Italian food any given day!
31. I have gotten drunk twice in my lifetime; one of those times I puked on the street. Then I said never again, obviously!
32. I drank 22 shots of tequila in an hour to "catch up" to a friend because Japa and I arrived late at her party.
33. I've always wanted to learn how to ski (or snowboard).
34. I hate helpless, whining, totally dependent women.
35. I've always wanted to see the aurora borealis in person.
36. I hate sharks and rats. If I were to have to face them as a contestant on Fear Factor, no amount of money would help....I'd most likely quit right there and then.
37. I've done crew, sculling, dragon boat, and outrigger.
38. I love to read.
39. I used to do cross-stitch.
Whew! That was not easy at all! haaahaha!
Happy Birthday to me.....and to Boydee! :) Love you, bro!