Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's Lent

Lent.....the time for preparation, in the Church calendar. We had mass at the office and Fr. Benny talked about this time of sacrifice. Sure, we can sacrifice anything, but if it really doesn't hurt, or if there is another underlying purpose, then it really isn't that big of a deal of a sacrifice, right?

So anyhoo, I've decided I was going to give up having meat for the next 40 days. I've learned to love eating meat; I am a bonafide carnivore....a far cry from my college days of when I *used* to be a vegetarian. Seriously! Seven years of no meat, and here I am loving it! It's been several years since I've given up meat, so I figure it is worth giving this particular sacrifice another go. Meat for me, will include chicken and duck....so it'll be just seafood for me for the next month and a half. Crossing my fingers I can get through this one! :)

No comments: