Friday, February 08, 2008

The Aquathlon

Ahhh, yes, the aquathlon. Japa and I decided a couple of weeks ago that we were going to join the kids in doing this. So today, since it was coding anyway, we went home early and went with the kids to the Ayala pool to do some training for the Aquathlon. Ooookkkaay. Hehehe.

I keep telling Japa that MY goal is not to win or anything. Heck, I don't even dream of making good time! No sirree! I tell him that my goal is simply, to FINISH the darn thing. However long it takes. No I am NOT going to quit midway; what kind of example would I be setting for the kids? Besides, I would NEVER live it down if that happened anyway!

So I'm computing: about 20 minutes for the 500-m swim, and an hour tops for the 5k run. Hehehe. That's a lot of allowance, I know, but I haven't been running in like, FOREVER. I have no intention of training for the run since that would definitely throw my back out of whack again. So just swimming for now, and that'll stretch out my back nice and well. Running, I'm going to have to wing it on race day. Dangerous and stupid I know, but I'm hoping by preserving my back strength before race day, I'm giving it a chance to perform in the run.

TTFN!

No comments: