Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bad Mama, GSS and Swimming Lesson #2

O.M.G! I was such a BAD Mama this morning! I still CANNOT believe it happened!!!! Ack!

I woke up bright and early and woke Rogan up for his Taekwondo lessons at 8 am. By 730 am, we were on the road and on our way. It was just me and him (remember from this post that I am driving my kids to their lessons for the next month), since I figured I kinda knew the way to the gymnasium.

So we get there without getting lost, a few minutes early. Rogan goes in, waves goodbye to me, and I go home. Without getting lost, hehehe. Proud moment for me there, LOL!

I'm home, I have breakfast, and open up my laptop. I surf the message boards, I scrap. And then I FORGET that I'm supposed to pick up my son at 930 am!!! I FORGOT!!!! What kind of mother does that?!?!? Eek!

By the time I realize my MAJOR boo-boo, the Raine had been picked up by Bong and Rielle, on their way to the gym for their rhythmic gymnastics class. I hurriedly call Bong and tell him to be on the lookout for Rogan at the gym. I call him twice or thrice, mentally urging him to drive a little bit faster on the way to the gym.

So he finally gets there, and Rogan, thank God, was just waiting for someone to pick him up. Bong drove him home. Safe and sound. He gets home, drinks a ton of water, takes a shower to clean his sweaty self and dirty feet, and then I hug him. :)

Whew! Possible crisis averted. So you think I scrap too much that I forgot to pick up my own son?!? Sigh! On Friday, I'm setting the alarm. Just to make sure.

{GSS}

The Gavino Summer School is in session again, after a week or so off, because of our trip to Cebu. Japa was on a rampage last night, with the kids' Filipino lessons *roll up eyes here, hehehe* For the life of me, I have always memorized Tagalog words all through Grade School and High School....and passed. But for Mr. Bulacan (known for Filipino speakers), this is a no-no. The kids MUST understand and speak it well, especially Rogan, who, poor thing, is having such a difficult time of it all.

On a lighter GSS note, just before the girls had to leave for the Street Dancing lessons, we broke open the watercolors! The kids were SO excited! :) We did a simple lesson today:

1. Take a Sharpie.
2. Draw a line or a shape on your sketch book.
3. Pass your sketch book to the person on your right.
4. Draw another line or shape on the sketch book, making sure it is touching the previous line or shape.
5. Do this for 3 or 4 rounds, until the paper is filled.
6. Color using the watercolors.

Note to self: Take photos of the kids' work and display in an online album of sorts. :)

{SWIMMING LESSON #2}

Today was SO much better than yesterday! :) In the beginning though, when Ranger woke up from his nap, he immediately told his Yaya that he didn't want to swim in the big pool, hehehe. He kept saying he wanted to swim, but "no coach!"

On the way to the pool, we kept telling him that he was GOING to swim in the big pool, and with Coach. And trying to force him to say yes. LOL! By the time we got to the pool, he really was saying yes, he was going to swim with Coach!

We get there and he grabs "his" kickboard (it's really Raine's, but I wasn't about to argue with him and ruin his relatively good mood) and walks up the stairs and towards the pool. Then he turns towards the SMALL pool. I run and block his way, and all heck breaks loose, hehehe, as he realizes that I am going to FORCE him into the big pool. Again.

I scoop him up and walk towards the coaches, who are already in the pool. He spies a bench and shouts "Sit! Sit!". I give him a chance and sit him down. For 10 seconds. Then I tell him he really does have to go in the pool. He starts squirming as I try and carry him, hooking his little foot underneath the bench, hehehe. Desperation at its best. :)

I tell him that Mama is a lot bigger and stronger than he is, and that it would be useless to try and fight me...he was going IN the pool. He quieted somewhat, but kids will be kids, and Ranger attempted to wriggle out of my arms. Yeah.

I plop him in the pool, into Coach's waiting arms. He screams for his kickboard...and I knew he would be okay. True enough, by the time I had walked to the sidelines, he was quiet and was listening to Coach. *shake head here* You just have to laugh, hehehe.

From the bottom, clockwise: 1-That's actually a smile; Ranger's saying "cheese"; 2-Kicking, by the side of the pool; 3-After being dunked by Coach.

After his lessons, Ranger went to the small pool and again "practiced" his lesson there. By himself. He would go under water, hold his kickboard and kick - trying to cross the width of the small pool, and he even held the edge of the pool and kicked! What a ham!

{SCRAPS}
RANGER & GRACE (the horse)
Ranger on a horse!

Poem reads (anonymous):
Horsey Horsey don't you stop
Just let your feet go clippity clop
Swish your tail and let’s turn around
Giddy up, we're homeward bound.

Credits: kit - Rawhide Princess by Rina Kroes at SBE; curled border template - by Marcie Reckinger and Traci Murphy; fonts - DJB Lena, DB Danielle - both by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered sketch - by Ronee Parsons;
Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s April Amazing Month of Memories Class: April 3 - Pony Express Day

COWGIRLS
Raine holding 5-month old Robyn atop a horse.

Credits: kit - Rawhide Princess by Rina Kroes at SBE; bend it photo template - by Debbie Knorr
photo filter action - by Holly McCaig; fonts - DJB Keely, DJB Keely Script - both by Darcy Baldwin at Blue Flombingo; layered template, stitches, inked edge - The Flower Shop 1 by Janet Phillips;
Idea from Katie the Scrapbook Lady’s April Amazing Month of Memories Class: April 3 - Pony Express Day

Ok. That should be it. It's Japa's birthday tomorrow.....and I don't have a gift! :(

TTFN!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute LO's! I'm giggling about the swimming lessons :)

Mrs. Burns said...

What a cool lesson! SOunds like a great lesson for teens too! (we run a Youth Group)

TFS!

Elizza said...

great pictures of ranger!

i hope i will SOON have the courage to send my son to swimming lessons....hehe

Olivia Dizon said...

How nice and patient of Rogan not to throw a fit. I remember when I was younger, my Dad would be late in picking me up from school, I'd cry!!! Kids are more mature nowadays, thank God! :)

Cute, cute, cute Ranger!!!