Monday, April 23, 2007

Back to Reality

It's Monday. Back to work. Back to reality.

{CHAUFFERING SERVICES}

Yes, you read right. I am playing chauffer to my kiddos. Or at least, to ONE child, since Elizza has so generously offered (more like coerced, I think, hehehe) to have her driver chauffer my kids with her kids for their numerous summer activities today! Thank you Lai!

I had to get up early to be able to drive Rogan to U.P for his Tae Kwon Do class. Where is our driver? Ummmmm....he went on vacation. For a whole MONTH!!! What was I thinking?!?!?!? Ugh! Just bad timing that I had said yes to his vacation plans JUST when I had enrolled the kids for Taekwondo, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Street Dancing. Plus swimming training in the late afternoon!!!! Ack!

This easily qualifies for a back-to-reality kind of day!!!

{BACK TO WORK}

I got to the office and found my desk piled high with paperwork. Ugh, ugh, and double ugh! There were overtime forms to approve, checks to sign, documents to check, and Human Resources stuff to do! Not to mention the fact that the St. Therese Shrine's turnover ceremony will be next month! Taking a week off to go to Cebu compounded things, hehehe. Oh well. Nothing to do except to roll up the sleeves and start digging in!

I have got to find some medals of St. Therese of the Child Jesus for the turnover ceremony. We need these to make some beaded chaplets to give away during the ceremony. I found medals, statues, bibles, rosaries and whole lot more religious items for sale at this site that sells confirmation gifts. The online store even carries funky Vatican neckties! With the plethora of religious items here, I'm sure my mom will be surfing for a few hours at the very least. Now to forward the link to her.....

{A DATE}

Japa and I had a spur of the moment lunch out together. Just the 2 of us. It was a nice, quiet, quality time for the both of us. We wanted to have salads so I suggested the California Pizza Kitchen where I ordered the BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad (whole size of course!) and Japa ordered some Oriental Salad. And that was lunch: a humongous salad and a diet soda. Yummm!

Then we mozied on over to Power Books where we spent a bit of time browsing through the store. We ended up getting a Tagalog-English dictionary for Rogan, a Power Vocabulary book for me, and another Rhyming Dictionary for the kids to use during GSS time.

{SOME FUN}

Oh. My. Gosh. You have GOT to check out this fun site! It is hilarious! You are given an old Motorola phone to dress up any way you want. You are given a lot of options to dress your old cellphone.....spiffy him or her up a bit to fit today's look. Of course, an ancient cellphone will never be able to look like his/her newer, sleeker, modern counterpart, but there will be guaranteed laughs as you try to do it.

You can choose your phone's hair, eyes, mouth. And to spiffy your phone up a bit, you scroll through the choices as you pick your hatwear, a shirt and some lower body coverings to suit your taste. You also have some accessories to play around with, as well as choose from a bunch of different scenes on which to put your Dusty phone.

Wanna see my Dusty? Here ya go!
Ugly little bugger isn't she? Hehehe. Believe me, I tried all sorts of combinations before coming up with what you see. I chose the beach because I am obviously still in beach mode.....my body is here in Manila but my mind is still in Cebu! Hehehe.

I love the fact that the site puts your Dusty on a stage with spotlights on you. The scrolling thingamajig at the bottom of the screen where you choose your options is a fast-moving feature and you can easily go back and forth to try and decide what to put on your Dusty old phone. I did want to have a choose-your-face option though, but there was none that I could see.

Oh, and if you wanted to change something? You either just click on a new item, or click on the red "X" to remove that particular item.

So what are you waiting for? Go and play the 1985 Cell Phone Makeover Game now! Enjoy!

{SCRAPPING FREEBIE NEWS}

If you go on over to Christina Renee's blog and Lauren Reid's blog, you're in for a HUGE, amazing, FREE surprise!!!

Read a touching story of a mother of strength and how she celebrates her son's Heaven Day today.

Ok, it's almost midnight, so I guess there won't be any scraps to show off today. :( I will need to be at the office a lot earlier than I was today so that I can leave early to take some pics of Ranger's first day of coached swimming! And yes, I will be the chauffer for the day again. :)

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Tita Tinggoy!

TTFN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job catching up on everything! That phone is TOO funny!

Katie Nelson said...

Welcome back Rona!

You always find the greatest links :) thanks for sharing them.

And now I totally am craving California Pizza Kitchen - lol!

Elizza said...

wow! that FREE kit is AWESOME! thanks for the link! off to get it now....

Unknown said...

Hi Ate! Is tita shalene done with her Secret book? Borrow after you! :)

Olivia Dizon said...

did i hear somebody say free?!!!? I'm there! Hehehe... True, it is back to reality :(