Sunday, April 22, 2007

Making Time for Blogging and Other Blogging Tips

I have been sitting at my computer the past couple of hours trying to scrap. Trying being the key word. Apparently, I've lost my mojo for now. Maybe I'm tired, maybe I'm pressured....definitely not good to be these things when I have GOT to scrap! I've got a ton of photos on my hard drive, and a ton more waiting to be downloaded. And these are only from the trip to Cebu this week!

Then I realized that I hadn't blogged practically the entire week! Egad! LOL!

Although I've got a number of posts on my blog, I still consider myself a relative newbie; I'm definitely far from being blog-savvy. For those who feel the samy way I do, check out these Tips for Building and Maintaining A Blog Audience. This article has some really great tips for writing your blog. Not just tips, but tips that REALLY make sense! If only I had the help of this article when I first started out with Scraps of Mama!

Some tips that I can add, based on my experience:

1. Make TIME for blogging. If you are really serious about your blogging, making time will help you immensely. Setting a block of time, say 20 to 30 minutes a day will make it easier for you to maintain a blog. It would help if this block of time is set aside the same time every day. And yes, trying to blog everyday will help make you adept at blogging! Not only are you able to "practice" the art of blogging, but you also get to practice your writing skills, your grammar, and your blog-skills. Pretty soon, blogging will be a piece of cake!

2. Join a Blog Train. Sounds silly, but hey, it works for me. As a member of Digi Shop Talk, I "meet" many digiscrappers in the message boards. I get to know more about them when I visit different blogs. And these blogs are listed in the "Blog Train", where the basic rule is that when you post that you've updated your blog, you promise to visit the blog or 2 or 3 or more above you and make a comment. I've only recently joined the Blog Train and since I have, I've had a tad bit more visitors other than my family and friends. :)

3. Visit other Blogs. By visiting other people's blogs, you learn different things. You see a lot of different pages, and you end up with a lot of ideas in your head! It would be nice, obviously to visit blogs that talk about different sorts of things, but for us digiscrappers, it is ALWAYS a joy to visit our blogs simply because we upload our digital layouts to our blogs. Which brings me to my next tip.....

4. Put pictures or images on your blog. This helps break the monotony of seeing just words on the page. Pictures will also allow a big of white space --- or negative space --- on the page, which makes it a lot easier on the eyes. With eyes that are relatively "rested", the reader will want to read on...and visit you more.

Okay. Those are my seeds of wisdom for the day....the week? Hehehe. Now I really HAVE to try and scrap! Or at least, surf the message boards to see everything that I've missed while I was in Cebu!

Whoops! Before I go, I have one more layout to share:
ROD & ZHAR IN CEBU
Rod and Zhar "modeling" ok fine, POSING for pictures, during our week in Cebu.

Journaling reads:
4 Days
Beach House
Shangri La
Breakfast
Swimming
Jet Ski
Beach

Credits: kit - Seasational by Royanna Fritschmann at My Digital Muse; photo cluster - On the Edge Cluster 5 by Nancy Comelab at MDM; tag - POSH by Royanna Fritschmann at MDM; Easy Peasy folded corner - by Karah Fredricks; fonts - Franklin Gothic, LD Whatever


TTFN!

2 comments:

Elizza said...

thanks for the blogging tips!

LOVE Rod and Zhar's layout!

Unknown said...

Oh la la la! I love our LO- even if i look as if i just stepped out of bed which i really did! thanks mucho! I love it. Another one to collect.