Saturday, April 28, 2007

Scrapping Despite the Back Problems

Sigh! My back is acting up. Again. I've been feeling a dull pain about 2 weeks ago, give or take a few days, and I've really TRIED to take care of it. But then we went to Cebu, hehehe. Yes, Cebu was a vacation, but really, with 4 kids and the rest of the family together, we had too much fun to think about really giving my back some much needed rest BEFORE it could escalate into something more painful *insert grimace here* We'd generally wake up at about 8 am and I'd find myself flat on my back for a much needed night's rest at 11 pm at the EARLIEST.

Oh well. Cebu was a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but I think my back's paying for it now, hehehe. Sigh! Maybe it's missing yoga sessions? Or just more time lying down......

.....on my tummy, that is. So I can scrap :) *big grin*

{THE SISTERHOOD CHALLENGE}

This challenge is the brain child of Elizza, who figured that with each of us having 4 kids, and not a decent album for each of them, we NEEDED to do something about it. Obviously, the sisterhood wouldn't be complete without Bang, who, having one baby (for now!), is probably thanking her lucky stars that she can start doing this while Bric is still a baby!

Anyhoo, the basic purpose of the challenge is to START and FINISH our babies' first year. That's it. Then we can talk about the next challenge. One step at a time, and in one of the comments I got over at DST, nothing better than a challenge between sisters! :)

Here are 2 of my cover pages done. Two down, 2 more to go! :)

RAEGAN'S BOOK: COVER
Credits: kit - The Sun is Finally Shining by Pamela Gibson; corkboard alpha - by mom2niryza; button alpha - by Eve Recinella; pinned metal date - by Holly McCaig; scalloped template - Fill-a-Paper Shaper by Katie the Scrapbook Lady; font - Adler

ROGAN'S BOOK: COVER
Credits: kit - 4 the Boyz Collection - Superstar by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; frames - Framed Memories by Fabella Designs at Divine Digital; stitched alpha - Carefree Alpha by Bev O'Loughlin at Divine Digital; round alpha - Baby Tweet by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; fonts - Adler, Arial Narrow

What do you think? To leave me love, just click on the layouts! :) TIA!

{PARROTHEAD}

I'm not sure where I read the term, but having lived in Hawaii for 2 years or so, I don't know why I hadn't heard about it sooner! A parrothead, apparently, is one who is wearing a Hawaiian shirt, flip flops, and board shorts, and drinking a margarita! Excepting the flip flops and board shorts, I was a parrothead when I studied in Honolulu! Hehehe.

Let me clarify a bit: I didn't wear what was classically termed a Hawaiian shirt with huge florals on some itchy cloth, but I did wear some brightly floral-ed blouses and t-shirts then. As for flip flops, I never wore those ever. They hurt the part between my big toe and second toe and for the life of me, I couldn't walk in those. But everyone in Hawaii wore them. Yes, even to school. Graduate school. Hehehe.

And board shorts? Ummmm...nah. Could never find a pair that fit these ginormous thighs of mine AND fit my waist properly. Hehehe. So I'd wear regular shorts. But the margarita part? That's DEFINITELY me. :)

Continuing with my definition courtesy of Wikipedia, a parrothead is also loosely used to call fans of Jimmy Buffett, a country-pop-soft-rock singer. Buffetts fans normally wear hawaiian shirts and parrot hats (whatever they are, hehe). He is also a rawking guitar player and songwriter, from what I've read on the blogs of Jen Caputo and Holly McCaig. They apparently like his music, listing his songs as one of their top 10 faves.

And looking at this guy's concert tour, his shows are almost always sold out! And of course, this totally piques my interest and will merit more research on my part. You know how I am :) But I'm sure true parrotheads (see, using my word for the day) will say that trying to get some jimmy buffett tickets isn't easy at all.

Jimmy Buffett also owns some restaurants, the Margaritaville Cafe and Cheeseburger in Paradies. I'm going to check these out too! ;)

TTFN!

1 comment:

Kirstie said...

lol! I've been having a bit of a giggle at parrothead. Here in Australia if someone called you a parrothead it would be because you talked a lot or squarked a lot!!