Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday

Happy April Fools! Not that our family does practical jokes and stuff on this day...so I decided to title my post as Palm Sunday....in honor of the day Jesus rode into Jerusalem.

We went to mass at Padre Pio. Rondic and family were there. Tito Rey and family were there. We even saw Ninang Bambi and Tito Joy. Dad, Boydee and Bang were a little bit late, but they were there. With all the family there (Lola and Rodney didn't feel like going to lunch), we trooped to Pancake House where I enjoyed my Caramel Banana Walnut Pancakes despite the lousy SLOW service!

{MOVIE WATCH}

We also saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Rogan, Raine, and Rielle. Whoops! I shouldn't be referring to the movie as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles --- supposedly this line DATES me, hehehe. As in, I'm an oldie for referring to the Turtles this way. The new, "in" thing to call them is...ahem....TMNT. Whatever.

Anyhoo, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was actually pretty good :) I like the beginning, especially. But the ending was a bit too rushed in my opinion. I also love the story line of feuding brothers making up. Great CGI though! I was impressed :)

{SCRAPS}
ON THE GRASS
Journaling reads:
Raegan turns 1
picture taking on the grass
distributing give-aways
second party dress
April 10, 1999

Credits: kit - Rainbow by Elly Engelgeer at digitalscraapen.nl; glitter balloons - Celebrate, a GMD Collab kit; vintage frames - by Nancy Comelab; font - KGD Tiffany; layered sketch - A Little Eclectic 6 by Janet Phillips


FAMILY IS WHAT MATTERS
Mi Familia at our recent trip to Macau.

Journaling reads:
1 pair of parents
1 grandmother
5 siblings
1 brother-in-law
2 sisters-in-law
1 fiancee
1 girlfriend

This is our family. And I am proud of who we are and what we are. We have a bond among us, one which will never go away no matter what happens. We are always around each other, ready to support, ready to
help, always there to love. Family. That’s us.

The gold sculpture, Lotus Flower in Full Bloom, stands in the middle of Lotus Square. It is a gift from the Chinese government to the people of Macau, when Macau regained its sovereignity from Portugal. The Lotus symbolizes the everlasting prosperity of the people of Macau and weighs 6.5 tons, is 6 meters high, with the diameter of the flower being 3.6 meters at its widest part.

Credits: kit - What Matters Most by Royanna Fritschmann at Divine Digital; fonts - DB Jennifer, Times New Roman; layered sketch - Ultimate Sketch 9 by Kim Smith

Still rushing to complete a few more CT requirements...

{Other SCHTUFF}

On the homefront, I really need to get my arse in gear to fix up the living room/foyer area of the house. We've already moved the grandfather clocks to a corner in the dining room/den, so really, I have no excuse to not get this part of the house done! The foyer is pretty much empty now. Zhar---if you're reading this, when can we can we start? :)

I am planning to have workers strip the living room/foyer area of the icky OLD wallpaper. The wood framing on the inside walls have got to go as well...leaving only the nice thick wood on the perimeter of the walls. That's where I am so far. Then the Italian grandfather clock goes back in its place of honor---er--corner, where it "greets" people who enter our home.

TTFN!



3 comments:

MissHuniBuni said...

my son so wants to see that.. and i can sing you the original theme song so i'm so dated too! LOL

Helena said...

I like the "on the grass" layout! Very sweet.

(I think I remember the original Turtles song too.)

Unknown said...

Hi Ate!

I'm free anytime to look at your space. I also have the numbers of suppliers in case you need to get rid of your furniture. I started with Lai's house already.

Call me :)

ZC