Monday, April 30, 2007

Back Pain Does Not Make Me A Happy Camper

Sigh! I woke up this morning feeling slightly better than yesterday. The forced rest definitely helped. I was able to get some 6 hours of sleep, which is plenty for me, considering I've been getting less and less sleep nowadays. Have no idea why, though.

A special meeting was held in La Vista to talk about the Golden Ridge project. Of course, I just KNEW that I wasn't going to last very long, sitting down. I was already anticipating that I wouldn't last very long :). I did arm myself with a microwaveable heat pack, and some pain killers.

When I couldn't stand the pain, I took some painkillers. I took regular ibuprofen, wishing I had heard about Nurofen Plus earlier. It seems it was specially formulated for people with migraines (that's me!) and back pain (that's also me!!!). And....O.M.Gosh....it has CODEINE!!! Oh the wonders of codeine and what it can do for me! Hehehe.

I know I was prescribed codeine after I gave birth and let me tell you the RELIEF it brings. Long lasting relief! Which I may need if this back doesn't get better!

I was so excited to read about Nurofen Plus and the possibilities of having it on hand...only to find out it was available in New Zealand, hehehe! Okay....I just scrolled down a bit and it says FREE delivery WORLDWIDE! Whoohoo!!! Gotta love technology!

Before I order though, I'm going to do a little bit more research....I need to know if this great-sounding painkiller has caffeine in it. In my experience, for my migraines, my reliable Excedrin for Migraines does contain caffeine; I try not to take it too late in the day because I'd tend to stay up really late because of the slight caffeine content. So needless to say, if Nurofen Plus has NO caffeine, you can safely bet that I've switched! ;)

Now.....resting time....and scrapping time, hehehe.

2 comments:

Renee Valerie said...

hi ate! caffeine is definitely a prophylactic agent commomnly used in the relief of migraine headaches, although it should be used in the right amount/dosage. overdoing it can cause rebound headaches though so you shouldn't exceed maximum dosages prescribed or required for daily intake. so i say if ur excedrin works, DON'T switch anymore cuz the caffeine content is definitely helping you. hope your back feels better... m sure another set of epis soon to come tho'... just a likely option. hey! i left this pretty long comment - not being a lurker! :o)

Kim said...

Aww crap, when I saw you excited about the drug I got excited too. Til I read that it has codeine in it. Big :( I'm allergic to codeine :(. It makes me sleep longer than it should - yeah, I've got one of those weird drug reaction things going on with most drugs. Which is why nothing has taken away this 5yr and counting migraine I have. Have you tried Ultram? Sandy (grammy graham) swears by it for her back pain and they gave it to me for migraines (didn't work). Worth a try.....

Feel better hon! Huggles