Friday, June 22, 2007

Randy and Stella's Wedding

Warning! Photo heavy post! :)

Today's the big day! The kids didn't go to class since we had to be at the Makati Shangri-La by 10 am to have our hair and make up done. My poor cellphone....I had fully charged it last night, but by the time 1 or 2 pm came around, my battery level was less than half! Hehehe. Goes to show what it takes to plan a wedding eh? And I'm not even the bride!!! :)

That is tradition, I guess. The Sisterhood steps up to help with wedding preparations. Mainly the chaplets (read the post below), but there were a lot of behind-the-scenes preparations too, such as guest lists, seating arrangements, powerpoint presentations, wrapping giveaways, etc etc etc. Thank goodness Randy and Stella were pretty much hands-on....at least they knew what was going on in their wedding, hehehe.

Ok, fast forward to having our hair and make up done. We had a FEW pictorials. We had to get to the Church early; earlier than the bride and her family of course, who were staying at the same hotel. We couldn't have the groom seeing the bride before the actual ceremony could we?

So we arrive at The Shrine of St. Therese at 4:45 pm. The wedding was to start between 5 pm and 5:30 pm. Our dear Mother could NOT stand to be early for anything; she was finding fault at everything, and getting everyone stressed! Good thing we know her, otherwise, WE'D be totally harassed and stressed by the time everyone had to march down the aisle!

The WHOLE family was part of the wedding party. I tried begging of being one of the Matrons of Honor (matrons sounds so OLD, doesn't it?), but to no avail. Oh well. My biggest concers (as a scrapbooking mom, hehe) was taking pictures of all the kids as they walked down the aisle. Being flower girls and bearers, the kids were going to walk BEFORE me.....which pretty much told me I could take NO pics! Sigh!

Enter Japa, one of the secondary sponsors. I don't know how he got his hands on his camera after he walked down the aisle, but he did have his trusty Sony SLR! Whew! So he took some pic of all of the kids and me as we walked down the aisle. Of course, I did NOT like any of the pics he took of me; thank God Elizza was there, too, and she had some pretty good ones, hehehe. Thanks Lai!

Zhar was also on hand to take pics at the end of the aisle. Thanks bunches, Zhar, although I have yet to copy Rod's compact flash card at this point :)

And yes, I cried. I cried when I saw Randy walking down the aisle with Mom and Dad. I cried as I was about to begin my walk. I had to compose myself as I walked down the aisle though, or all my pics would be awful! As I passed Randy with Mom and Dad though, the tears started falling. I looked back to see Steph, the other Matron of Honor, dabbing at her eyes, too! Hehehe. Sigh! I guess we were both emotional to see our baby brother and sister finally tying the knot!

Some pre-wedding pics:
Don't we all look nice and lovely? Hehehe. Here's the Sisterhood Three----for the last time. Looking forward to adding Stella!
Ok, time for the photo-heavy part of this post: wedding pics! (straight from t

Here are Japa and Bang as the cord bearers:Lai and Jovic as the cord bearers:
The bearers:

Ranger as the Rosary Bearer...but I couldn't find a pic. By the way, he also kind of destroyed the Rosary...Raegan saw some pieces rolling around and Japa put it back together. Whew! And SO typical of Ranger!
Here's Riley as the Myrrh Bearer. Not sure about the significance, but hey, we needed to fit in all our boys as part of the wedding party! Hehehe.
And my handsome little BIG-man, Rogan as the Crucifix Bearer. Trust me, I was praying fervently that he did NOT drop that breakable crucifix!
And now for our pretty "little" flower girls (who SHOULD have been billed as junior bridesmaids....but we stage mothers forgot!):

Rielle: Raine:
Raegan:
Reese:
This is ME...a MATRON of honor, hehehe:
Our dear mother, looking FABULOUS in her equally fab gown by Paul Cabral:
Randy and Stella:
Doesn't the altar look goHgeous in this shot:
And a CUTE pic, just because I like it, hehehe:
TTFN!

1 comment:

Mich said...

hi Rona! just bloghopping...aawww, love the pictures! and love the motif too! lovely gowns...