Thursday, June 07, 2007

Meet the Robinsons Among Other Things

Yup, we saw it today! The kids were uber excited and, being that this was their last few days before school started, we went to go see it. In a nutshell, the movie's synopsis:
When Lewis meets a mysterious boy from the future named Wilbur Robinson, the two travel forward in time where Lewis discovers the amazing secret of the Robinson family.

Lewis is a brilliant twelve-year-old with a surprising number of clever inventions to his credit. His latest and most ambitious project is the Memory Scanner, which he hopes will retrieve early memories of his mother and maybe even reveal why she put him up for adoption. But before he can get his answer, his invention is stolen by the dastardly Bowler Hat Guy and his diabolical hat - and constant companion - Doris.

Lewis has all but given up hope in his future when a mysterious boy named Wilbur Robinson whisks our bewildered hero away in a time machine and the two travel forward in time to spend a day with Wilbur's eccentric family. In a world filled with flying cars and floating cities, they hunt down Bowler Hat Guy, save the future and uncover the amazing secret of Lewis' future family.
Ok, I copied that from the press release, hehehe, but I'm just very tired right now and I didn't want to think too much of how to explain an animated film! Suffice it to say it was a pretty good movie; the kids surely enjoyed it. It was a tad bit predictable towards the end, but hey, it's Disney, right? So definitely NO sad endings!

{Dress Fitting}

Final fitting over at Paul Cabral's today. I finally got the bell sleeves that I wanted and yes, they were waaaaaaay better than what he had originally planned for me. So a big WHEW to that! However, when I sit down, my boobs are literally about to spill over, no kidding. My dress is tight enough at the bust that it holds them in. Barely. So I was told to bring DUCT TAPE (!!!) on the wedding day to try and hold some of them in, hehehehe. Interesting how that will turn out to be!

{Other Stuff}

There were some other emotional stuff that needed weeding through...I have some notes and I'm going to post that on my blog soon enough. Just a bit draining, which is why I'm tired now.

Finally started getting a system down for the chaplet giveaways for the wedding. Getting the hang of how the ends are to be glued and all. Hopefully, I'll be able to distribute and delegate a lot of the work by tomorrow. The kids and I finished close to 20 chaplets all in all, which isn't too bad for a couple of hours' work.

Tomorrow, I'm going to print out some coloring pages for the kids to do. I found this site where a lot of characters have been drawn out, ready to be printed out and colored by the kids. Where oh where was this when our summer started?!?!? Hehehehe. It's definitely GSS material! And the cool part of it is, you can color the drawings online. Is that instant gratification or what? Hehehe. At least the kids will be entertained for a couple of hours at the very least.

There's a lot of characters that the kids know too, like Bratz, Barbie, Tinkerbell, Cinderella and other Disney characters. Another great feature is that you can upload your own drawing (ok, your kid's drawing), color it and send it to your friends! You can even have your friends color it. Nothing like getting your own artwork distributed eh? Very cute concept, and one that the kids will enjoy because of its interactiveness. Moms will be entertained by it as well as a vehicle for showcasing the art talent of the kids.

Might as well get the kids into "school mode". Basic coloring skills should be a great way to do it! :)

Ok, I'm pooped. TTFN!



No comments: