Friday, June 01, 2007

Need to Count Calories?

I hate dieting, but somehow the class I took in Nutrition in college all those years ago has stuck with me. I know the basics of food counting, and can roughly estimate the caloric content of a number of foods. Pretty good memory, if I do say so myself! :)

To take the guesstimate out of calorie counting, this calorie counter is quite a useful tool. Did I just type a redundant sentence? Hehehe. Anyway, if you needed to know the nutrional value of a certain food, just plug it right in, click on "search" and voila! You have the numbers you need for your diet notebook or even your exercise journal! No need for those quick count calorie books or a scale or a calculator. All you need is this handy dandy calorie counter and you can happily (and safely!) count and monitor what you eat and what your burn.

The best part? It's free! :) I just plugged in my weight and the type of yoga I do and for how long. In 30 minutes, I burn more than 100 calories. Not bad for major stretching and supine exerciese, eh?

No comments: