Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy 8th Birthday Rogan!!!

My baby boy is now 8 years old!!! How time flies! From an almost 8-pound baby to an almost 100-pound "baby", Rogan is a big boy :). When I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he immediately answered, "Bowling!" Chalk it up to the Wii..he really really wanted to go bowling on his birthday!

So off we went to Paeng's Skybowl at Eastwood. No classmates, just family. And we had a blast. We had 4 lanes all to ourselves, with 2 lanes going to the kids --- they enjoyed zero-less scored due to Bumper Bowling :) Moi, who couldn't resist playing, braved the heavy balls that would wreak havoc on my back. Hehehe. I took 2 extra strength fast-acting Tylenol just to make sure I wouldn't be in too much pain :)

Spaghetti, chicken, hotdogs with marshmallows and pizza galore rounded up the celebrations. Easy peasy for me, as all I did was pay. No other preparation to do for the bowling party, except send out text messages to family. If only all parties were as easy as this one! :) Can you tell what a lazy mother I am? Hehehe! But hey, it's what my son WANTED! Therefore, he shall have :) Who am I to complain? :)

Some photos of the Bowling Party:

This is Rogan posing before anyone did anythine else, hehehe. See the NEON lights behind him? That's what they call Disco Bowling :) That streamer with his name on it was a pleasant surprise; didn't know that the party package included a personalized banner!
Here are Rogan's cakes. Nothing fancy, just a basic chocolate cake from Sweet Inspirations and a chocolate mousse from Red Ribbon. Shoppersville ran out of cakes, believe it or not!
And here's one of Rogan cutting his cake. He INSISTED on cutting it! hehehe.
What a day the birthday boy had! He had sooo much fun just throwing that bowling ball! Thank goodness Rogan isn't into golf...a bowling party in a bowling alley is definitely easier on the wallet than a golf party with golf clubs all over the place! But ooooh....miniature golf IS an idea.....maybe next year! :)

7 comments:

jennieb75 said...

Oh, disco bowling is so fun!!! I bet he had a great time (and a bellyache after all that food!!).
Happy birthday Rogan!
Cheers!
Jennie

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Rogan!

Anonymous said...

time flies, eh? happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! EIGHT! I have a little man turning seven and I cant believe how old that feels! 8 sounds like a million years away - lol I guess that is the denial talking :)

Sherri Tierney said...

Awww... Happy Birthday to him! When did he get so old? Awww!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos, looks like he had a great birhtday! Happy Birthday!!!

maryse said...

Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun ! Happy Birthday Rogan ! Joyeux anniversaire from France !