Monday, June 12, 2006

Happy Independence Day!

...to the Philippines at least! :) This was the day we declared independence from the United States. We WERE supposed to buy a Philippine flag and have a mini celebration of sorts so that the kids would know and appreciate the fact that we are Filipinos. However, jet lag won in the end and we didn't do anything to celebrate what this day was about. Again. Sigh! Oh well. Next year, hopefully

I SCRAPPED!
I've been trying to catch up on my scrapping today. Challenges and CT requirements both. But this dang internet connection of mine just isn't cooperating! Grrrrr! I did manage to scrap one layout, at least:
Just the 3 of Us
Journaling reads: Just the 3 of us girls. It may be a small thing, but in this day and age where families rarely have time for each other, this day at Disneyland will always be memorable to me. It was just us, the 3 Gavino girls, enjoying each other’s company for the most part. It was the first time we spent the day together, just the 3 of us. Sure, there were squabbles (it was very hot!) but we still had an incredible time to actually bond and get closer to each other. There may be other days like this one, but this one will always stand out in my memory. Just the 3 of us.

Credits: kit - Titanesque Dreams by Marsha Zepeda at the Digi Chick
word art, life is good tag - The Good Life by Marsha Zepeda at the Digi Chick
font - Arial NarrowCredits:


Watched CARS with the girls today. Totally awesome show! Loved it, loved it, loved it! Gotta get myself the DVD of that one for sure.

Had a wonderful wonderful massage today. A much needed massage, especially after packing for 3 days and traveling for almost a whole day. My body NEEDED that massage. Tomorrow I've scheduled a manicure and a pedicure! Ahhhh....time to pamper myself!

the REST of the CHICKIES:

Yay! The rest of the family chick icons finally arrived today! They are so cute, I swear! Without further ado, I present to you the rest of the family:



Many many thanks to blessthischick.com!!!! They are SO ADORABLE!!!



No comments: