Monday, June 26, 2006

Catching Up on My SCRAPS

Today was pretty productive for me. Having NO internet connection usually helps, hehehehe. not only did I finish quite a few layouts, I made a pretty good-sized dent on my CT requirements for the month as well! Yeah! Without further ado, I present to you my layouts for today:

{The Digi Dreamer CT Layouts}
PAPA & RAINE
Journaling reads: Papa and Raine obligingly posed and smiled patiently while Mama tried to do her Photography homework. These shots were for her “Depth of Field” homework, taken while driving around Ayala Heights looking for the perfect setting.

Credits: kit - Funky Fresh Warm Sensations by Staci Schall at the Digi Dreamer; chipboard flower - by Staci Schall at the Digi Dreamer; alpha - Quemadura del Sol by Christy Sturm at Butternug Squash; font - Arial Narrow


A BOY AND HIS BIKE
Journaling reads: This summer, Ranger was able to ride this big bike by himself. He would go up the ramp then push off with his tiny feet. On the way down, he’d lift his feet and free-wheel down the ramp! Mama’s heart was always in her throat, but Ranger was the little daredevil. On days we didn’t go to Disneyland or the park, he’d be “on the road”, in his bike, up and down the ramp. Wind in his air, squeals of joy to show his delight. A boy and his bike. Enough to complete the summer for Ranger.

Credits: kit - Number One Fan by Struwwelsuse at the Digi Dreamer; chipboard stars - Chipboard Basics by Staci schall at the Digi Dreamer; torn edge and stitches - by Kim Hill at CGEssentials; fonts - Arial Narrow, Kristen, Boring Showers


BLOOMING

Credits: kit - Bloomy Pink by Selana at the Digi Dreamer; font - Chiquita Banana

{Scrappin Digi Kreations CT Layout}
AMIDST THE FLOWERS
Credits: kit - Spring into Summer by various designers at Scrappin Digi Kreations; font - Papyrus

Pretty productive eh? ;) On top of CT requirements, I also finished ALL the challenges at Scrapmommies! Yeah! I did the 12 and then some more! So I'm going to get that prize kit ***rubbing hands*** in a few days or maybe next week.

Why the rush to finish all these layouts? Well, number 1, when I started scrapping, the ideas just flowed, you know? And number 2, I HAD to get these layouts done! Gotta start packing on Monday and leaving for the States on Tuesday. Not to mention the fact that Mom and I chatted on MSN and she has a list of bilins that'll take me the entire day to get, hehehehe.
* * *

{Serious Musings.....sort of}
So, went to mass this morning and the priest's homily reminded me of Dad. The gospel was all about Job, and how God took away everything Job had....just to test him. How'd it remind me of Dad? Throughout his illness this past couple of months, and some moments of depression, Dad would ask me "Why is God doing this to me? I'm not a bad man; I've done good things to a lot of people. Why me?"

I mean, how do you answer that without him getting depressed again. My standard answer was usually "Because God knows you can handle it, Dad."

But after this morning's sermon, I made a mental note to tell Dad about Job and how God answered his questions. Job and Dad have pretty much the same questions. Told Mom over our chat to have Dad listen carefully to the priest when they go to mass.

The long and short of God's answers to Job? Well, according to the priest, Bible scholars have said that God didn't give a direct answer to Job, as God only can :). But further study showed that God pretty much says:

"You are a tiny atom that I have created, in this whole wide world that I have created. You are not the center of the universe."

But ultimately, God says: "I am with you all the time; I will never leave you."

Is that comforting or what? :)

2 comments:

Elizza said...

your story about dad brought tears to my eyes....*sniff*...but really, you are the ONLY person who can give a ready answer to dad's impromptu questions! and yes, the story does have relevance to what dad has/is going through..but dad's faith is really strong and that'll help him get through...

happy trip to you! hope to see you, dad and mom soon! la vista is never the same without them...:D

Anonymous said...

the blooming layout is sooo "Disney"! Raegan should see it! submit a copy to Disney! who knows, she might get discovered, pwede rin YOU will be discovered :)